A Rigged Election
Effect - Results
- Supreme Court made runoff election
- Runoff elections are elections that settle inconclusive results
- Yushchenko won next election, became president
- Economy went down the drain
- Long-term: Protests didn't accomplish much
- Short-term: The democratic party took over, Yushchenko became president
Ukraine's 2004 Orange Revolution | Flashback | NBC News
"How did the participants demonstrate their belief system through their protests?"
The people protesting believed that Yushchenko should become president. They demonstrated their belief system through their protests. Whether peaceful or violent protests you could see how strongly these people supported their own thoughts. They supported their ideas by shouting out what they thought or wearing lots of orange to represent the everything they thought should happen.