May 5, 2023
Note from the PCHS Admin Team
We're down to 2 weeks with our Seniors and 4 and a 1/2 with the rest of our crew! This year, compared to the last few, has really felt like it's flying by. Today was a fun one. The building and grounds were abuzz with activity! If you take a drive around our school, you will find it looking quite beautiful after the efforts of our Student Government, Garden Club, and Building & Grounds team. It was a collaborative effort, and we got such a beautiful day for it. Our Juniors also got to connect with a representative from Eastern Michigan University for a "Jumpstart" presentation intended to help them wrap their heads around priorities heading into their senior year for capitalizing on financial aid options in line with their post-high school educational goals. We are working to consistently improve our approach to career development, and this includes a step-by-step process for ensuring students know how to get where they're wanting to go after high school. This presentation today is an important piece of that puzzle!
Have a great weekend, and Go Pirates!
Mrs. McBride, Mrs. Woods, and Mrs. Buczek
Teacher Appreciation Week is Next Week!
Of course, while a week of good eats is always nice, just a simple note of thanks can sometimes have the most lasting impression. :)
Movie Night @ Pirate Stadium!
Save the Date, Football Players!
Senior Chromebook Turn-In
The PCS tech department plans to collect Senior Chromebooks over the seniors' last week at a few different times. Seniors are to bring their Chromebook AND their charger (they will be charged $40 for missing chargers). We would like to ask that ALL senior Chromebooks are turned in with no exceptions, even those seniors that have summer school or still have need of their device beyond their last day. We will issue them a loaner Chromebook when they turn their issued device in for that specified period of time if need be.
Dates and times:
- May 17th, 18th, and 19th: For Senior's last 3 days, the PCS tech department will be in the Commons during lunches. We will set up a queue where we will check them in, perform a quick overview of the device (not comprehensive), and note any initial charges that might be forthcoming.
- May 19th: There will be another turn-in location on seniors' last day coinciding with cap and gown pick-up during Seminar.
CTE Program End Dates
Dear Class of 2023 Parents & Students,
The Senior All-Nighter is right around the corner. If you have not done so yet, please register your Senior via this form and pay via MiStar. The event is on Thursday 6/1/23 from 7pm-1am. The cost is $25. It’s a night full of fun activities, food, and memories to be made one last time together in their school. We are hoping that every senior can go home with an awesome gift that night as well. To make this happen we are in need of donations. If you or someone you know is wanting to make a cash donation, please send the donation to PCHS, 10255 Dexter Pinckney Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169, attn: Lori Maurer.
If you would like to donate a gift, this can be done via our Amazon Wishlist.
We appreciate any donation whether it is cash or a gift. Let's make this memorable for our Seniors!
Senior All-Nighter Committee
NHS Tutoring Program
2022-23 PCHS Bell Schedules
Looking for Pinckney Gear?
Head on over to our athletic site here!
The P2 online store is up and running too, just in time for the holiday shopping season!
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
PCHS Calendar: Check out the ongoing school year calendar here!
- May 1 - 12: AP Testing
- May 16: Powderpuff Game
- May 19: Seniors' Last Day of School!
- May 29: No School - Memorial Day
- May 31: Senior Awards Night
- June 1: Graduation Rehearsal & Senior Walkthroughs of PCS Schools 9-11am
- June 1: Senior All-Nighter
- June 4: Graduation @ Pirate Stadium 10am
- June 7: Last Day of School - 1/2 Day
District-Wide Calendars: https://www.pinckneypirates.org/page/calendars
Upcoming Week's Athletic Schedule - Go Pirates!!
If you have any questions please let your counselor know:
Ms. Robinson (A-Le) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Braun (Lf- Z) - email@example.com
Local Employment Opportunities
Pinckney Community Schools
If you know someone who would thrive in a small learning community environment focused on student connection, empowerment, and preparedness for life beyond high school, send them our way!
DNR Seasonal Park Workers
Howell Nature Center
They are hiring for LOTS of different positions and looking for volunteers. Visit their website for specifics. https://www.howellnaturecenter.org/contact/employment-internships/
- Full-Day Schedule: 7:30am-2:30pm
- Half-Day Schedule: 7:30am-10:55am
- Friday Early Release Schedule: 7:30am-1:09pm
- PCHS is a closed campus. Only those approved to leave the building (i.e. for CTE, Dual Enrollment, Co-Op) may exit the building during school hours, and only through the South entrance. This is in service of ensuring all students are safely where they should be!
- If running late to school, students need to park in the Main Entrance lot (South side) in order to sign in at the Main Office. The North doors will be locked after 7:45am.
- Students are assigned parking spots as a part of purchasing a parking pass. Make sure you're parking in your spot!
- PCS Transportation Code of Conduct
Current Covid Guidelines
Please know that this year, a doctor's note is required to confirm positive Covid status in order for absences to be medically excused, which excludes the days from adding to the 10 allotted absences/semester before the risk of loss of course credit.