Newsletter for Employee Health Promotions Committee Members
A survey was administered to committee members in September and we learned that there are some practices members wish to continue, while there are others which will be eliminated. Communication with members will be facilitated through the EHP FYI- Employee Health Promotions Newsletter
Employee Health Promotions Committee
District-wide Opportunities = watch for more information
- Vital Worklife Employee Assistance Program. The program is geared toward recognizing an employee's problems and helping to find appropriate help. This service is confidential and is available to both employees and members of their household--at no cost to you. Their phone number is: 1-800-383-1908.
- Nutrition Education Series led by Kelsey Rounds and peers. November 2016
- 4 Weeks to a Healthier You Course led by Michelle Sorenson. January 2017
- 10K A Day. February 2017
- Employee Walk and Bike to Work Day. May 10 2017
- Shake It Up. End of May 2017
- Wellness Book Study through Summer 2017 Learning Academy
Site and Individual Opportunities for Participation
- Site: Health improvement opportunities may also be offered at your site. If you have an instructor or practitioner you would like to work with or if you would like guidance on what might be made available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual: Classes and events held through MAPS Community Education and Recreation Department are advertised in the seasonal brochure each Fall, Winter and Summer. Employees are eligible for a $10 fee reduction for a class in each brochure. Each individual must register and provide their employee email address and work site. Contact the CER office at 507-387-5501
READY! for Kindergarten Employee Health Benefit
At the time of a requested paternity/maternity leave, the employee is given a gift certificate entitling them to two (2) years of READY! for Kindergarten Classes advertised in the seasonal Early Childhood Brochure. Registration is conducted through the Early Learning Office by submitting the gift certificate and completing the paperwork process.