Issue 1, 28 January 2021
We are excited to welcome our college families to a new year. It was lovely to see so many happy, smiling faces around the campus today for our start of year interviews. Thank you to everyone who came in to meet teachers and familiarise themselves with classrooms prior to the first day of school.
Interviews are such a powerful way for us to connect with our families and begin to build the partnerships that will ensure your child has the best learning experience possible this year. At Trinity, the connection between home and school is valued by our staff and we look forward to working with you in 2021.
Below, we have outlined important start up procedures to ensure the college continues to maintain a 'Covid Safe' setting, following the operational guidelines expected of schools. We thank you in advance for supporting us as we all work together during this time.
As we begin a new school year it is important that we ask parents and students to please ensure that our uniform policy is being met. While it is not always the most popular choice for our students, ensuring shoes and other uniform purchases meet the policy guidelines is critical. Staff will be following up with students and families if incorrect uniform is worn. Thank you for your support of our college uniform.
I pray that the year ahead is one filled with much joy and many laughs for you and your family. We thank God for his love and his blessings.
See you all in the coming days!
Welcome to our Prep's and Year 7's - Friday 29 January
School Start Up Procedures - Covid Safe
Whist we give thanks that the pandemic appears to be under control at this point in time for Victoria, it is essential that we maintain Covid safe practices and ensure we meet the operational guidelines provided to us from the State Government.
These requirements will impact our start up procedures but the GOOD NEWS is that parents are welcome on campus! We just need to ensure that parents time on campus follows the Covid safe procedures in place:
- Parents are asked to socially distance as much as possible when on campus and not congregate in large groups.
- It is recommended that parents wear a mask for times when social distancing is not possible.
- Parents are asked to spend no longer than 15 mins inside classrooms. Teachers are excited to welcome parents and families on site again, however, please remain outside the classrooms as much as possible.
- Any guests (parents and visitors) are sadly unable to join us for events that are held inside unless we can meet the density limits. As such, attendance at College Chapel or Assemblies is not possible at this point in time.
- If any family members will be on site for longer than 15 mins they MUST sign in through the Office for contract tracing.
We hope that these restrictions will ease further in coming weeks and allow us to commence volunteer programs again along with welcoming you back to school events. In the meantime we thank you for your support and understanding.
Welcome to All Year Levels - Monday 1 February
Drop Off and Pick Up Zones
School Traffic is always an area that can cause some challenges, particularly at the commencement of a new school year. We are very fortunate to have three areas to serve our community for drop off and pick up times.
We ask our community to please ALWAYS put student safety first and follow road rules at all times. Teachers are on duty from 8:25am in the morning and until 3:35pm of an afternoon to allow for staggered drop off times and reduced traffic congestion.
Below is a summary of the three areas and the procedures for using these spaces.
Main Gate (on Fifteenth St)
- This operates as a drive through both before and after school.
- Please DO NOT park and/or exit your vehicle.
- Pull up alongside the curb (on the school side of the zone) and have your student/s exit the vehicle.
- Please always move as far forward as possible (up to the pedestrian crossing) to ensure traffic flows as smoothly as possible.
- If your children need assistance to exit the vehicle please do not use this zone.
- When exiting the gate please note you can only turn left, it is NO RIGHT TURN.
Sunset Hall Car Park (on Fifteenth Street)
- This area has facilities to park your vehicle, use as a drop off zone and pedestrian access from Fifteenth Street.
- Please ensure you follow the signs for traffic direction at all times.
- The drop off zone is signed - students may only enter or exit vehicles in the zone alongside the hall.
- If using the drop off zone please DO NOT park and/or exit your vehicle.
- Pedestrians must follow the pedestrian pathways and utilise the crossings for safety.
Le Pedeleure Street Pedestrian Gate
- Pedestrian access only.
- Parking is alongside the curb (please always follow the signage and respect local residents by not parking on grass or driveways, thank you).
- Parents may wait on the footpath or can wait inside the grounds (ensuring Covid Safe procedures are followed).
We understand that over the Christmas holidays students grow and change so we ask families to be particularly mindful of the following:
- Hemlines are to be at the knee or longer.
- Day uniform shoes are black leather with laces, buckles or velcro.
- Hats must be worn outside at all times.
- Fingernails are clear nail polish only - No artificial nails.
- Hair must be tied back if shoulder length or longer. Hair ties are to be black, neutral or the College colours.
- Jewellery: is a watch, plain cross necklace, plain thin sleepers or small studs. One friendship ring and medical identification jewellery if required.
- Sports uniform is to be worn on the day students have PE only. No mixing of day and PE uniforms.
If you require further information about the College uniform please see the website for the Trinity Lutheran College uniform Guide.
Staff Professional Learning
Our staff have worked tirelessly this last week preparing for the new year. On Monday morning we enjoyed a scavenger hunt around Mildura with a focus on building community and culture. Our teams have spent time developing skills and knowledge on best practice pedagogies, restorative approaches and student well being.
We are so blessed to have such an amazing team of educators at Trinity and especially welcome our new team members!
Update Personal Details
If over the holidays you have moved homes, changed phone numbers or your personal circumstances has changed please notify the College with any updates.
We appreciate your ongoing support with keeping your correct details on file.
2022 Prep Enrolments
Trinity is seeing an influx in demand and we would like to make sure our current families are able to attend. If you have a Prep student for 2022, now is the time to complete your Application for Enrolment.
Please complete the Application for Enrolment if you have a Prep student for 2022.
To ensure a position in the 2021 Instrumental Program please complete and return enrolment form.
With One Voice Mildura Choir is looking for members!
With One Voice Mildura Choir is a fully inclusive community choir conducted by music therapist Catherine Threlfall.
Everyone is welcome, there are no auditions and no singing experience needed.
We actively welcome members with disability, with mental health support needs and other access needs to our friendly choir community.
Sessions are Fridays at 6-7pm at the Sunraysia Community Health Services Activity Room on cnr Deakin Ave and Thirteenth St Mildura
With One Voice Choirs are NDIS providers. Our very low annual membership fee can be covered by NDIS plans.
Participants are welcome to come and try anytime!
Please contact Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420939229 if you would like to give it a try!