Apex T-Shirts & Jeans on Monday!
Dates to Remember
11/16 - APEX Fun Run Pep Rally @ 1:45
11/17 - 3rd grade hosts a SOUP LUNCHEON
11/17 - Make up day for School Pictures
11/18 - Kindergarten Feast 1:20 - 2:20 in Cafe
11/19 - 1st grade field trip to TCC to see "Oz"
11/19 - Open House 6:00 - 7:00
11/20 - Character Assembly
11/20 - Fire Drill
11/20 - is NOT an Early Release Day
11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Holiday break
11/30 - "MO" Day (where your mustache to support Men's Health)
12/2 - Fire Drill
12/3 - PTA APEX Fun Run
12/3 - 2nd grade to see The Nutcracker (please bring a change of clothes/tennis shoes to participate in the APEX Fun Run)
12/4 - KHES presents...Embracing Our Diversity!
12/11 - Lockdown Drill
COWBOY HEART @ WORK RECOGNITIONS
- "During the threat of a tornado after school on Nov. 5th, Mrs. Guy he;ed secure the Clayton students in the restroom and stayed for 45 minutes comforting them until the all-clear was given."
- "Stephen has done a great job with the 4th graders & morning announcements. It is so fun to watch our kids be leaders and show great character. Thank you!"
- "Jane has spent many hours working with our 4th graders on morning announcements. The students are so fun to watch! They love leading the morning routines and we enjoy watching them. Puts a smile on your face!"
- "Kaye, thank you for helping organize our Veteran's Day festivities. It was an awesome celebration."
- "Sharon was a part of making our Veteran's Day a huge success. The assembly and Wall of Heroes was awesome! Thank you!"
- "D'Lene did an awesome job at organizing our Veteran's Day festivities. We love celebrating with our Veteran's!"
- "Becky organized several military visitors to come and speak to the classes on Veteran's Day. The kids loved it!"
- "Kelly spent many extra hours putting the Wall of Heroes together for our Veteran's Day celebration. It is beautiful! Thanks, Kelly."
- "Jody organized a fabulous Veteran's Day assembly and Wall of Heroes. Everyone enjoyed looking at the photos and getting to visit with our veterans this week. Thank you!"
- "I couldn't do this without you, Jane! Thank you for being someone I can always count on to help lead our campus. I truly appreciate your willingness to jump in and speak for me at the Veteran's Day assembly. You're the best!"
- "Thank you for helping to keep us all safe during our recent weather emergency. Misty warned all teachers who were in a faculty meeting then comforted many of our Clayton students. She stayed with the students until the weather cleared. You have an amazing heart!"
- "Sarah M. jumped into action on the afternoon of 11/5. Teachers were in the middle of a faculty meeting when we all heard the tornado sirens. She quickly came to our PD room, warned us where the storm was then stayed with our Clayton students in the bathroom until the all-clear was given. Thank you, Sarah for keeping us safe. You have an amazing heart."
Here's What Cory Said About You!!!
"The students were eager to please and their behavior was excellent. Guided reading seemed to be spot on and the product the students generated in writing was very good. KHES is a good school. The teachers work hard and they want the best for their students."
District News & Events
Canvas Training opportunity
We are offering Canvas training for your campus if you wish to participate. The training will be held at Freedom Elementary room 106. Freedom is located at 5401 Wall-Price Keller Road, Fort Worth 76244.
The following session are in Eduphoria for your teaches to sign up. Each training will be half day. Please note each session will be limited to 15 participants at a time, we want to make sure each one of your teachers has a wonderful training experience.
- November 19, 2015 8:30 – 11:30 or 12:30 – 3:30
- December 2, 2015 8:30 – 11:30 or 12:30 – 3:30
- December 9, 2015 8:30 – 11:30 or 12:30 – 3:30
- January 6, 2016 8:30 – 11:30 or 12:30 – 3:30
The title of the course is Canvas Training by Invitation Only, under the technology category.
The Glamourcraft ID badges are officially ready to use in the cafeteria! Starting on Monday, all students who will be purchasing lunch and/or snacks will need to bring their badge to cafeteria during lunch. Mary will use the scanner to scan the badge. Teachers, you can use your Glamourcraft badge as well and follow the same procedure OR continue to type in your employee id.
Every grade level will need to bring a container or envelope of some type to collect the cards. Kids can drop them in the container/envelope right after their card is scanned. Teachers will need to pick up the cards at the same time students are picked up. DON’T FORGET TO KEEP THE LANYARDS THAT ALL STUDENTS WILL BE RECEIVING FROM APEX FUN RUN once they hand them out. That way students could wear their lanyard to the cafeteria and then return them to the classroom once lunch is over.
Here is our current grade level Reading A-Z data so far......
1st grade -
- below D 15%
- DEF 41%
- GHI 29%
- J... 21%
- below K 37%
- KLM 44%
- NO 15%
- P... 5%
4th grade -
- below U 50%
- UV 38%
- WX 10%
- Y,Z... 2%
Dis-aggregating data isn't the most exciting task however it is an essential part of planning & instruction. We are on our way to reaching our campus goal of 90%! The trail may feel daunting some days however know you are ALWAYS making a difference in the lives of your students.
Keller Harvel Elementary - KISD
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Text @khes to the number 81010
Weather closings or JEANS DAYs!
APEX Fun Run
On Monday, Nov. 16th I'll send you a "Teacher Email to Parents" so you can email it home to parents after the pep rally that day. This is the email where you will be able to tell your parents what your class goal is, about your 10% and what you would like to buy for your class.
The teacher email and the principal newsletter that I have already sent home are the two most important pieces of communication to send out, and are vital for the success of the program.
APEX Kick off Pep Rally - Monday, November 16th at 1:45 (all grades levels will attend)
APEX Team Day Visits to Classrooms - Tuesday, November 17 - Friday, November 20 & Monday, November 30 - Wednesday, December 2
APEX Fun Run - Thursday, December 3
- 8:15 - 9:15 3rd & 4th grade
- 9:15 - 10:15 Kinder & 1st grade
- 1:30 - 2:30 2nd grade (This is a new time!)