Visit Green City Market in Chicago!
Here to provide customers with:
- a diverse range of high quality foods.
- connections to local producers and farmers to chefs, restaurateurs, food organizations and the public.
- a healthier society through education and appreciation for local, fresh, sustainably raised produce and products.
Some tips when you're at your local Farmer's Market
When choosing produce, look for the following to get the best out of the foods you eat
- Greens, such as spinach, kale, Swiss chard, collards, different lettuces
- Bread is sold at farmer's markets because local wheat can be used; go for whole wheat whenever you can find it.
- Beef/fish/poultry: Choose lean or grass-fed varieties.
- Dairy: Go for low-fat yogurts and cheese, if available.
- Fruit: Go for a variety, especially berries.
Featured Organization: Growing Home Inc.
During Growing Home’s annual job training programs, trainees learn job skills in customer service, landscaping, and culinary services through work on our farm sites and market stand.
Outdoor Market is Now OPEN!
Sunday, May 19th, 9pm
7:00am-1:00pm; south end of Lincoln Park, directly across the street from the Hotel Lincoln
Open EVERY Wednesday and Saturday from 7am-1pm
Chef demonstrations this week:
Wednesday 10:30am: Paul Virant, Perennial Virant & Vie
Saturday 10:30am: Zoe Schor, Ada Street