Color Guard Auditions
Join the Middlesex High School Marching Chargers
Tuesday, August 5th 9:00am - 3:00pm (clinic/workshop)
Wednesday, August 6th 9:00am - 12:00pm (audition day)
Full band camp will be August 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 13th
All returning guard members must also attend the audition dates listed above.
During the first two days of auditions, interested prospects will be trained in dance basics and choreography, basic marching and marching commands, and will learn to use the color guard equipment; flags, double dowels, and air blades. Interested prospects will also be taught choreography and combinations that they will preform in pairs or small groups during the audition on Wednesday.
What to wear and bring
- Wear Appropriate Clothing - Exercise appropriate clothing and tennis shoes with hair pulled back from face. Black bottoms and a white top is preferred attire.
- Bring Plenty of Water - Sports drinks are okay as long as they are brought in addition to water. Soda is NOT allowed.
- Bring a Nutritious Lunch and Snacks - Color Guard is a sport, please bring nutritious food to fuel and energize your body.
- Bring a Positive Attitude - Learning something new is not always easy, remain positive and confident in your abilities. Encourage others, don't be afraid to ask for help, and most importantly believe in yourself.
- Bring Appropriate Sun Protection (sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.) - We will not be outside for long periods of time, but we might go out for an hour or so if the weather is nice.
- Nude or Black weight lifting gloves are not required, but are strongly encouraged. They will make handling equipment much easier.