FLCS Summer Reading Program
Kindergarten and 1st Grade
How to Join the Summer Reading Program? (Grades 2-6)
- Click on the FLCS Summer Reading Program Link Below
- Click on Google Classroom LInk on website (The link on the page is blue)
- Enter the code: 03i4gwn
- When you complete a book follow the directions and add to the Padlet for the month. (Link to the padlets is provided on the Google Classroom page for June, July, and August)
Summer Reading Program Montello School District
Grades 4&5 Pilot Checkout Program
- Thursday, June 21st, 3-4 P.M.
- Wednesday July 19th, 3-4 P.M.
- Tuesday, August 16th, 3-4 P.M.
It is also encouraged to check out at least two (2) nonfiction books out of the ten selected. Students should be reading widely and exploring many genres beyond fiction. Here is a list of recommended subject areas:
- Biographies about scientists and inventors
- Informative texts (i.e. stars and constellations, animals, experiments, mathematics)
- Health and wellness
- Geography and History
This will allow your child an opportunity to read twelve (12) books over the summer and attempt to reverse the summer slide!