Introduction to Video Production
Adobe Premiere CS6
Intro to Video Production is a year-long, project-based class where you will develop skills in digital video production using Adobe Premier CS6. Students will use this medium to create and experience the elements of story telling and communicating information. These skills will be developed through classroom exercises, projects and evaluations. Students will also use the class Ning to post their videos, critique work and write reflections.
Projects we will be working on but not limited to:
- Action Event
- News Stories
- Music Video
- Public Service Announcement
- Morning Video Announcements
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a project idea
- Establish schedules
- Create storyboards
- Write and rewrite scripts
- Become proficient using video cameras
- Become proficient using video editing software
- Work effectively in cooperative groups
- Develop leadership skills in managing personalities and talents within your project group
- Know and observe copyright laws
- Understand the social and ethical responsibilities as a media producer and define a personal code of ethics.
Classroom Rules...do not
- Bring food or drink into the classroom. Exception: Water bottles must be capped at all times and kept away from the computer.
- Use vulgar or offensive language in or out of the classroom
- Disrupt ongoing classes. Filming outside of the classroom is a privilege that we enjoy because previous classes have not ruined it for us.
- Use anyone in your videos who has not given you permission to do so.
- Abuse the privilege of leaving the classroom to video tape footage for a project
- Ask students to be in your videos if they are in a class during the period.
- Plan videos which involves any moving vehicle in the school parking lot.
- Walk around the class and disturb others—keep all body parts to yourself
- Use school computers for non-educational or non-school related activities like checking sports scores, watching videos, listening to music, etc.
- Use your iPod or other device for listening to music