Week 5-Part 1 & 2: Adobe Spark PAGE
EDCI318 Tech for Teaching & Learning-SUMMER2018
- Week 5 is a big assignment, so just one part this week, Due Friday, June 22. Worth 100 points, so make it exceptional.
- Keep adding to your Pinterest, by the end of Week 5 you should have over 150+ pins
- We are at the half way point in the summer semester.
- I hope you are keeping up, it will be over in a flash.
Grading Breakdown for the Adobe Spark PAGE assignment
- 100 point total + another 20 for adding to the Padlet wall
- 75 points: Complete Lesson project is added to Seesaw and includes all the parts and pieces. Include Text (remember this is a lesson, so explain, include details ……TEACH US, assume a kid is absent and he has to get everything about the lesson from your Spark Page.)
- Include Images (lots of high-quality images)
- Include Videos-minimum of 2, but likely more,
- Include Links -minimum of 3, but likely more, 5 points each for at least 3 videos (15 points)
- 20 points: for Tweeting your post with the hashtags #edci318, #sparkpage
- 20 points-Add to the Padlet Wall https://padlet.com/ded318/sparkpagesummer18
Week 5 is a big assignment, so just one part this week, Due Friday, June 22. Worth 100 points, so make it exceptional.
Adobe Spark Page also works on your computer from your Browser-Safari or Chrome or Firefox
Places to find images other than just using Google!!
A few places to locate images other than GOOGLE! Several of these have APPS!!
- Unsplash: https://unsplash.com
- Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/
- Pexels: https://www.pexels.com
- These 39 Sites Have Amazing Stock Photos You Can Use For Free
- If you are using images from the internet, make sure you are using copyright friendly images. Here is an article to help you The Best Ways to Be Sure You're Legally Using Online Photos
Don't use the PAID services in Adobe Spark unless you plan to pay!!
- A Students Research Report: https://slate.adobe.com/a/78KQK/
- Design with Fractals-Nature's DNA https://spark.adobe.com/page/HogaMjEdmNTfr/
- Kindergarten Newsletter to Parents: https://spark.adobe.com/page/CkzPZn7MIxki7/
- iPad Monthly PD Newsletter: https://slate.adobe.com/a/R94Rx/
- The Unpleasantness of TouchScreens: https://slate.adobe.com/a/20Kw9/
- Do's & Don't of Infographic Design https://spark.adobe.com/page/GgYWxC7JMfNYB/
- Composition Techniques" https://spark.adobe.com/gallery/education/example/composition-techniques/
- The RFevolution that Started it All: https://spark.adobe.com/gallery/education/example/the-revolution-that-started-it-all-/
- Principal Shannon Demel Weekly News for her teachers: https://spark.adobe.com/page/pc04QrflELioV/
More examples from a teacher and his class
Classroom Tips for Biography Projects with Spark Page by teacher & Blogger Monica Burns
TEACH A LESSON with your Adobe Spark PAGE assignment
In this project, you are going to TEACH A LESSON.
You will be using photographs, words, videos, and links using Adobe Spark PAGE to create your lesson. Yes, I said LESSON!!
Select a topic that you are interested in teaching for a class period. Think of this as the way you will present your COMPLETE lesson to your students.
It must be appropriate for use in the classroom in your content area/level.
- Once you select your topic, start the process of researching your topic and writing up the text you plan to include on the Spark PAGE.
- Gather your photos into your camera roll before you begin creating your project in the Spark Page app.
- Gather Links to Youtube videos that support your lesson.
- You can include things like headings, bulleted text, and quotes to help improve the effectiveness of your text’s ability to communicate.
- If you come across any images while doing your research please download them to your device as you find them and keep track of the URL so you can cite the resource.
- Make sure to include at least three (3) hyperlinks to websites that include more information about your topic and that you would use with your students.
- Include at least two (2) videos
- Lots of images and text.
- Also, add your project to the Padlet https://padlet.com/ded318/sparkpagesummer18
- Your Spark Page needs to be a complete lesson! Teach the entire lesson, tell the whole story. Assume you are teaching a full class period for students.
- Elementary majors: 5th grade and up only…….
- A couple images and a few sentences is not a complete project. Your project must have all the elements…. and be a full lesson. Assume a substitute has to teach your lesson fro you!!!
- Include Images (lots of high-quality images)
- Include Videos (minimum of 2, but likely more)
- Include Links (minimum of 3, but likely more)
- Include Text (remember this is a lesson, so explain, include details ……TEACH US, assume a kid is absent and he has to get everything about the lesson from your
- Make sure it is an exemplary project!!