The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of February 01-05, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
- We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
- We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
- We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
- We will engage and develop strong relationships with parents, community and volunteers to increase our college and career readiness levels.
Message from Ms. Hernandez
- Kinder ranked #1 (100% passing) in the district in both English and Spanish Reading and ranked #7 (98% passing) in Math
- 1st grade had 93% passing in Reading (combined English and Spanish)
- 2nd grade Reading was in the double-digits (14.4) above the district and 92% passing in Math
- 3rd grade Social Studies ranked #8 (92% passing) in the district. Spanish Language Arts was 16.5 above the district.
- 4th grade Math had double-digit gains (25.2) from 2014-2015 and 17.3 above the district. Reading was in the double-digits (13.3) above the district.
- 5th grade Math ranked #9 (85% passing) in the district and and 23.9 above the district. 5th grade Reading in both English (14.3) and Spanish (17.7) were double-digits above the district and 5th grade Spanish Reading at 91% passing.
Congratulations to all teams! The student data reflects the hard work of every single one of you. We are definitely headed in the right direction! Continue to engage, inspire and educate every student every single day. Good, first instruction has the largest impact on student achievement and we are here to support you in doing so.
Week at a Glance
National School Counseling Week
Monday, February 01
- FSAC @ 3:15 pm (Conference Room)
Tuesday, February 02
ARD @ 8:30 am (Jones, Norris, Flores-Cox)
ARD @ 10:30 am (Saldivar)
ARD @ 2:00 pm (C. Lopez)
Wednesday, February 03
Thursday, February 04
Professional Development @ 3:15 pm
Friday, February 05
Saturday, February 06
Saturday School (9:00-11:30 am)
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
- February 08- BOC/Discipline @ 3:15 pm
- February 12-Daddy/Daughter Dance (5-7 pm)
- February 15- No School
- February 16-19- Mock Testing
A Very Happy Birthday!
Feb. 04- Ms. Chacin