The Gayman Gazette
February 14, 2014
Upcoming Important Dates
- February 17th – President’s Day – No School
- February 20th – Spotlight on Music – Grade 2 @ 6:30 PM
- February 20th – Spotlight on Music – Grade 5 @ 7:30 PM
- February 21st – Staff Pillo Polo Game @ Tohickon
- February 21st – 6th Grade Club Event @ Happy Tymes
- March 13th – School Musical Performance @ 7:00 PM
- March 14th – School Musical Performance @ 7:00 PM
- March 15th – School Musical Performance @ 2:00 PM
- March 22nd – 6th Grade Club Event @ Philly Sports Club
Change to PSSA Window
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has pushed back testing dates for PSSA to help make up for instructional time that was lost due to weather and power outages. Here is the new schedule:
- PSSA MATH/READING: March 24th through April 4th
- PSSA WRITING: April 7th through 11th
- PSSA SCIENCE (no change): April 28th through May 2nd
It is now time to make our work public. Please click here to view Gayman’s Guiding Principles.
Middle School Orientation
Everything you will need to prepare your sixth grader for middle school will be covered at Tohickon Middle School on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM.
For complete details click here.
Dr. Ginsberg - Guest Speaker on March 7th
Dr. Ginsberg will be the guest speaker at the next Home & School meeting scheduled for Friday, March 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM on the topic, "Discipline That Works".
Whether facing a toddler temper tantrum or an insolent adolescent, every parent struggles to find the best way to discipline children.
Please join the Home & School Executive Board and Dr. Ginsberg for this important presentation.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Reprsentative Quinn's Open House Art Show
Congratulations to the following 47 students who had their artwork chosen by Mrs. Alderfer to be on Exhibition at Representative Marguerite Quinn’s Office in Doylestown. Representative Quinn praised our artists for valuing the arts and stressed the importance of being creative and cultivating our minds and bodies with Academics, Athletics and the Arts. Students were presented with Certificates of Recognition for their hard work.
For a complete list of recognized students please click here.