Our Lady of Lourdes School T4: W2
Newsletter: 26 October 2021
HELLO, KIA ORA, KIA ORĀNA, MALO E LELEI, TALOFA, NAMASTE, KUMUSTA...
Welcome to our second week of the term. We have had a great start as we continue to LIVE, LEARN and LOVE the MERCY way following the gospel teachings of Jesus.
A reminder: to please call through the office if you need to speak or contact anyone during school hours. We ask that you scan in and wear a mask in line with the expectations from the ministry. We ask children to be dropped off at the office if you are running late or have appointments, as one of the staff will walk your child to the classroom. We all have a role in protecting our school community and this is one way we can.
CONGRATULATIONS TO TWO OF OUR STAFF
Let Us Dream - A Synodal Church
Pope Francis is asking every Diocese in the world to begin a local process of listening and walking together in October 2021.The Synodal process began in Aotearoa NZ with an opening Mass in parishes Sunday 17 October. Listen to Cardinal Johns homily "Let's Make it an Adventure" here: https://tumanako.pndiocese.org.nz/2021/10/lets-make-it-an-adventure/
Groups and individuals will be able to participate in this synodal process, which is to be managed at parish level.
UNIFORM FOR THIS TERM
As you are aware we are in the process of swapping over our uniform which will be available at Academy Apparel on Broadway Avenue. There is very little left at The Warehouse. We do have donated items here at school for you to look at. There is also the option for your child to wear their PE top if you cannot get either of the other two tops.
We will keep you informed as we hear anything about the progress of our new uniform. Please know we fully understand and we are just gently working through this process.
- In Term 1 and 4 we ask that all children wear the navy brimmed sunhat at morning tea and lunchtime in line with our Sun smart policy.
- We are seeing a lot of nail polish at school - please make sure this is removed before coming to school.
- School photo order forms need to be handed in to the school office no later than Thursday 28th October.
- TERM 4 DATES
- 18th - First day of Term 4
- 25th - Labour day - school is closed this Monday
- 28th - last day to hand in school photo order forms
- 1st - All Saints Day
- 2nd - All Souls Day - SCHOOL PHOTO DAY - make sure you look fabulous
- 25th - Senior overnight camp
- 9th - Year 6 Graduation mass - if we are under Level 2 conditions this would be for Year 6 children and families only. There may be a limit of four people per family. We will share more details as the term progresses.
- 14th - Final day of the year - school closes at 1pm