LHS Update vol. 7
September 27, 2021
- September 28 - Senior Junior Powder Puff Game 7:00 pm. Announcement of 2021 gentleman's court and Homecoming King.
- October 1 Community Homecoming Parade 4:30 pm.
- October 1 - Homecoming Football Game v. Swartz Creek 7:00 pm. Announcement of ladies court and Homecoming Queen.
- October 1 - FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is available.
- October 13 - Fall State Testing (SAT/PSAT/NMSQT/PSAT 9) for those students that have previously signed up.
- October 19 - LHS P/T Conferences. More information to come.
- November 24-26 - Thanksgiving Break
Homecoming Week 2021
Spirit Week Daily Themes September 27th -October 1st
- Monday, September 27th - Groovy PJ Day
- Tuesday, September 28th -Tie-Dye Day
- Wednesday, September 29th - Hippy Day
- Thursday, September 30th - Disco Day
- Friday, October 1st - Spirit Day Freshman White, Sophomores Grey, Juniors Red, Seniors Black
Students may wear school appropriate hats during Spirit Week.
Tuesday, September 28th Senior-Junior Powderpuff Game 7-9pm Claude Cranston Field
- Presentation of gentelman's Court and Announcement of Homecoming King
- $5 entry or $10 for a family that enters at the same time
- No athletic or Senior passes allowed as this is a fundraising event.
Friday, October 1st Homecoming Parade
- Parade starts at 4:30pm
- Senior Float -Disco
- Junior Float- Scooby Doo and the Mystery Machine
- Sophomore Float- Hippy
Friday, October 1st Football Game 7:00 pm Claude Cranston Field
- Presentation of ladies Court and Announcement of Homecoming Queen at halftime.
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
ATTENTION: LINDEN VIRTUAL SCHOOL (100%) AND ONLINE STUDENTS
LVS and online students should follow the due dates established in their online classes. The schedule identified below, provides additional guidance as to where student's progress should be throughout the remainder of the semester:
- 10/23/2020 (½ through the semester) 50%
- 11/24/2021 (Thanksgiving Break) 66%
- 12/10/2021 (¾ through the semester) 75%
- 12/23/2021 (Christmas Break) 92%
- 1/7/2022 (End of Semester) 100%
10TH GRADE & 12TH GRADE JOSTENS INFORMATION
Jostens is excited to include LHS 10th graders in the time-honored tradition of ordering their class jewelry! Use the link below to get started.
12th Grade Information
NOW is the time to order your cap and gown, graduation announcements, and class apparel!
Please CLICK the video links below for all the important information you need.
The EASIEST way to order is click on the link and order online at Jostens.com. Packets are still available in the main office.
FALL State Testing
Genesee County Mask Order | PreK – 12
Genesee County Health Department Information:
- The quarantine window for those students considered a close contact has
changed from 14 days to 10 days.
- Social distancing, for the purpose of close contact, is defined as three (3) feet or
- Educational Institutions shall ensure that people in pre-kindergarten through grade twelve consistently and properly wear a facial covering while inside any enclosed building or structure of the institution.
- Educational Institutions shall ensure that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, providing service to any persons in pre-kindergarten through grade twelve properly and consistently wear a facial covering while inside any enclosed building or structure of the institution.
- Face masks are not required when individuals are seated at a a table or desk while eating or drinking (ie. lunch time).
- Face masks are not required when individuals are outside (ie. recess)
- Face mask exemptions are listed on page three (3) of the Health Order, and include:
A medical exemption, signed by a medical doctor. Submit to, and contact
your student’s building administrator.
Neurodivergent students meeting exemption criteria. Contact your
student’s building administrator if you have questions, and/or to review
your student’s information.
Daily COVID Symptom Check Reminder
Students/parents/families are encouraged to continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms. DO NOT send student(s) to school if symptoms (even mild symptoms) are present. Please contact your health care provider if symptoms are present. The Genesee County Health Department has defined symptoms of COVID-19 as any of the following not explained by a known medical or physical condition:
- any ONE of the following: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, new loss of taste or smell:
- at least TWO of the following: chills/sweating, sore throat, muscle pain or body aches, new onset of severe headache, diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain, congestion or runny nose.
For additional information. please reference the GCHD 2021-2022 COVID-19 School Toolkit