Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - February 7, 2021
We hope that you had a great weekend! Don't forget that this is the last week to enter the PTA Mask contest. Your child has the opportunity to win a gift card to McDonalds, Five Below, or Walmart!!
Continue reading below for important information.
Return to Learn Timeline
See below for the updated timeline for HCPS students. As a reminder all decisions regarding in person and virtual instruction are binding.
Week of Feb. 22nd:
- February 22nd & 23rd, 8:00 - 1:00 : In person learning begins for students in PK - 2 for those who selected this option.
- February 24, 8:00 - 10:00: Wellness Wednesday for ALL students. Students will learn VIRTUALLY during this time. There will be NO in person instruction.
- February 25th & 26th, 8:00 - 1:00: Virtual learning for ALL students.
Week of March 1st:
- March 1st & March 2nd, 8:00 – 1:00: In-person learning begins for students in 3rd – 5th grade, PK– 2nd grade continues for those who selected this option.
- March 3rd, 8:00 -10:00: Wellness Wednesday for all students
- March 4th -5th, 8:00 – 1:00: Virtual learning for all students
Week of March 8th and for the remainder of the year - ALL PK-5 students:
- Monday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Tuesday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Wednesday: Virtual for all students 8:00 – 10:00/ Wellness Wednesday activities
- Thursday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Friday: 8:00 – 1:00
If you have a student who will be changing classroom teachers you will receive an email later in the week. We will also be sending an email with important information for those families who have selected in person instruction.
Update your contact information:
If you are planning for your student to return to our school buildings “in-person” in 2021, please take a few minutes to review your student’s contact information via the web-based version of the HCPS PowerSchool Parent Portal (not available on the PowerSchool app.) In particular, it’s important to ensure that emergency contact information is up-to-date as these individuals will be the only people authorized to pick up your child from school. For step-by-step instructions on how to update your information, use this link: How to Update Your Contact Information.
You will also find the COVID Health Form in the Parent Portal that MUST be completed prior to any student returning to the building.
Upcoming Virtual Awards Assemblies
Important Information for Fifth-Grade Families!
The window for student/parent course request (Feb. 15-26) opens next week! This is a crucial time for you to have your PowerSchool Parent Portal account created, as you will need to use your PowerSchool Parent Portal to review core course recommendations made by teachers and make course selections for the 2021-22 school year. Instructions on creating a PowerSchool Parent Portal account are linked here.
The HCPS Planning Guide 2021-2022 is online! As you prepare for the course request window, please use this resource to find more information about HCPS middle and high school courses and programs. Check out this awesome video highlighting all the HCPS Planning Guide has to offer! More information on how to complete course requests is coming soon.
- February 15-26: Window for student/parent course request
- February 15 @ 6pm: Wilder Rising 6th Grade Virtual Orientation (see flyer for more info)
Join us in celebrating Kindness Week February 15th - 19th. See below for the details.
Virginia Kindness Spirit Week
- Monday 2/15Hat Day - Put your thinking cap on and think of one way you can be kind this week! Share what kind act you will do today.
- Tuesday 2/16: Powered by Kindness - Dress like a superhero! Be someone’s hero! Lend a helping hand.
- Wednesday 2/17: Kindness is a Muscle - Wear your workout gear and flex those kindness muscles! Stretch your brain and share a kind word with someone else today!
- Thursday 2/18: Be Kind to Yourself! Love Yourself! - Wear your most favorite outfit; the one that always makes you smile! Do something that makes you smile!
- Friday 2/19: We’re on Team Kind - Wear your favorite team shirt or team colors! (sports team, grade level team shirts, Laburnum team shirts, etc.)
- Please remember to call the school and speak with one of our secretaries to report your child's absence. Calling or messaging your child's teacher will not permit us to excuse the absence. The number to the front office is (804) 228-2720.
- Through our partnership with Horace Mann, we are able to offer a great attendance incentive. Any student with perfect attendance will have his/her name entered into a drawing to win a new bicycle. Please share this with your child.
Thank you to those who joined our PTA General Meeting and Principal Chat last week as well as those who supported our Spirit Week fundraiser!
Join the PTA on February 23 at 5:30 for our next PTA General Meeting and Principal Chat.
Join by Video :meet.google.com/qow-oaod-pdq
Join by Phone:
PIN: 274 316 867#
Don't forget to join our wonderful PTA! The cost is only $5.00 per person. Use the membership link today or stop by the school.
If your child is interested please complete the submission form below:
If the link doesn't work, copy and paste the below URL into your browser:
We also have paper copies of the mask template at the school if you are having difficulty printing.
No Hassle Fund Raising for Laburnum
The Laburnum PTA part of the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Help us raise funds for our school and children by linking your Kroger rewards card to the Laburnum PTA. Go to https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards to link your rewards card to the Laburnum Elementary PTA.
If you shop on Amazon, you can also support the Laburnum PTA if you use Amazon Smile. AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
Follow Us on Social Media