Middle School Swimming
Lessons for Years 3 & 4
Middle School Swimming Lessons
The Water Safety and Swimming education program consists of 7 sessions aimed to improve and develop the swimming skills and water safety knowledge of students participating.
Venue: Jack Hort Memorial Indoor Swimming Pool
Date: Monday August 13th to Tuesday August 21st (7 days)
Mode of Transport: McKenzie’s Bus
Leaving School: 11:10 am – 2:30 pm
Cost per Student: $90.00 (to be paid before first lesson)
Special Requirements: Swimming gear in a strong bag, big enough to hold towel, bathers, School clothes and shoes. Goggles optional. A plastic supermarket bag is not suitable.
Risk Assessment Information to all Parents
- all staff are dressed appropriately to perform an immediate contact rescue
- each staff member is positioned to account for all students in their respective swimming groups at all times
- a 'buddy' system is used during lessons and incorporated into the emergency plan as a check of student safety
- all staff must be prepared for and able to cope with an emergency rescue and apply CPR
- aids such as ropes, poles and approved buoyancy devices are immediately available at each teaching station and other places where students are swimming or diving
- swimming programs are not conducted if the water temperature is low and there is a risk of hypothermia
- students are protected from excessive exposure to sunlight and the resulting sunburn with:
- protective clothing
- broad-spectrum sunscreen creams and lotions
- waterproof sun creams or clothing while in the water.