Bay Haven Parent Newsletter
Summer Updates ~ Part II
Sat Jul 29, 2017
Bay Haven Volunteer Clean-up Day
Tues Aug 8, 2017
8:00am - 9:00am New student orientation for 1st - 5th grade students
9:00 am - 11:00 am Supply drop off for K thru 5th-grade students
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm New student orientation for 7th and 8th-grade students
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm 6th-grade orientation for all students
Thurs Aug 10, 2017
Rotation 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
First Day of School
Mon Aug 14, 2017
Rotation 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Tues Aug 15, 2017
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm Middle School Open House
Thus Aug 17, 2017
5:00pm - 6:00pm Open house for 1st and 2nd grades
6:30pm - 7:30pm Open house for 3rd - 5th grades
*Dinner will available for purchase to make this night easy on you.
*Childcare will be provided in the cafeteria during the open house.
School Start and End TImes
The start and end times for this school year are listed below.
Afternoon Pick-Up Schedule
Due to a change in bus routes, we are changing our afternoon pick-up schedule.
Here are the changes taking place:
- All K-5 car riders will be picked up on the elementary side of the school.
- Elementary students with middle school siblings will be picked up on the elementary side. Middle school students will meet their younger sibling on elementary side.
- Buses will load on the middle school side. They will leave Bay Haven at 3:15pm. Due to this change, middle school pick up will not begin until 3:15pm. For your convenience, middle school parents should not arrive to campus before 3:15pm.
Please read carefully the procedures for picking up your child so we can ensure their safety.
Thank you for your flexibility and patience!
School Supply Lists
If you purchase your school supplies online through AmazonSmile, our school receives cash back from your purchases!
Middle School Students
Tommy Hilfiger Update
Follow the link below to purchase school approved uniforms.
Our in town uniform provider is still Zoghbys so feel free to visit them to purchase uniforms as well. They are very helpful and will assist you in finding the appropriate uniform for your child.
Although we are no longer offering uniforms through Land's End, we will continue to honor all Land's End uniform purchases made this summer.
We are targeting August 2020 for full implementation of the Bobcat logo.
Attention Upcoming 3rd-8th Grades
Bay Haven Football Camp
Camp Dates: July 31st- August 3rd
When: 8:00 - 9:30am Monday- Thursday
Where: Bay Haven Football field
Why: Teach students skills that will help them in their football career.
Students will need
- Cleats, Tennis shoes, Water bottle, and mouth guard
Parents will need to sign in with Coach Paille on Monday to obtain all info for football.
After Care Registration Packets
Packets are available on our website and in the front offices of each school.
The NBH Aftercare contact is Amy. She can be contacted by calling 630-6463.
The BH Aftercare contact is Traci. She can be contacted by calling 596-0820.
BOBCAT VOLUNTEER CLEAN-UP DAY
Saturday, July 29th, 8am-4pm
2501 Hawks Landing Boulevard
Panama City, FL
Earn Some Volunteer Hours
We need volunteer support in helping maintain the beauty of our campus for the upcoming school year.
If you have the following, please bring them with you:
RAKES, SHOVELS, BLOWERS, STREET BROOMS, EDGERS, PRESSURE WASHERS, HEDGE CLIPPERS, ETC
MUST WEAR CLOSED-TOE SHOES, SAFETY GLASSES, AND WORK GLOVES
Free Athletic Health Physicals
Saturday, July 29, 2017, at First Choice Physical Therapy
2300 Jenks Avenue, Panama City
Anyone arriving after 10:00 am will not be allowed to get a physical. Physicals are good for one calendar year from your exam. If your athlete is unsure whether their physical is up-to-date or not, then it is best for them to attend this event.
EL2 Physical Forms can be found on the FHSAA website, school athletic website or you can pick one up at the school. All EL2 forms must be completed correctly. THis includes having the appropriate signatures and dates.
Health Room Update
If your child will take a daily medication during the 2017-18 school year, a "Permission to Administer Medication" form is required for each medication. Please plan to drop their medication off during the supply drop off days just prior to the first day of classes.
I look forward to seeing how much they've grown over the summer!! - Nurse Brannon
Why do we start so early?
- Start August 10th
- We will still observe national holidays, Sept. 4th, Oct. 9th, Nov. 10th, Jan. 15th, and Feb. 19th.
- In addition, we will have Thanksgiving November 20th thru 24th and Spring Break March 19th thru 23rd.
- Christmas holidays will be Dec. 21st (half day) thru Jan. 8th. That's 18 days off with 3 weekends included! Enjoy!
- Students will finish the first semester prior to Christmas break and the third nine-weeks prior to Spring Break. . . meaning, these breaks will be family time without the worry of studying for exams!
- All students and teachers will complete the school year before Memorial Day!
2017-2018 is going to be the best year yet!