New Tech News
Dear New Tech High @ Coppell Families,
I hope this message finds you well as we wrap up another successful week here at our school. I wanted to take a moment to highlight an incredible event that took place last week - the 2013 Annual Slamming for a Cause Poetry Slam. This cross collaborative event brought together our passionate Rookies, who delved into the world of Human Geography to research various regions and write powerful slam poems addressing injustices around the globe. It was truly inspiring to witness our students using their voices to shed light on important issues and advocate for change.
In addition to the powerful performances, I am thrilled to announce that our community came together and raised over $9,000 through a silent auction held during the Poetry Slam event. All proceeds from this auction will be donated to the Children's Advocacy Center of North Texas, an organization dedicated to supporting children who have experienced abuse or neglect. I couldn't be prouder of our students and the generous spirit exhibited by our community. Thank you to everyone who participated and contributed to making this event a resounding success.
As we look ahead, I know many of you are eagerly anticipating the upcoming holiday break. It's the perfect time for our students and staff to recharge and spend quality time with loved ones. Before we embark on this well-deserved break, however, let's stay focused and committed to finishing the Fall Semester strong. We have accomplished so much together this year, and I am confident that we will continue to strive for excellence in the months to come.
Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership in creating a vibrant learning community at New Tech High @ Coppell. Wishing you all a joyous holiday season filled with love, happiness, and plenty of rest.
Emergent Bilingual News
Counselor's Corner with Mrs. Robb
DECEMBER COUNSELING TOPICS
CITIZENSHIP AND GRATITUDE Resources
• ChildMind about “10 tips for helping your child develop gratitude”
• ed.gov on “How to teach your child about citizenship and patriotism”
• National Center on Youth Issues on "7Ways to teach Gratitude to Your Children".
• Gratitude Conversation Starters
NTH@C Counseling Services One Stop Shop
Each grade has a folder and has access to college/career and post-secondary planning specific to their grade.
• Class of 2024
• Class of 2025
• Class of 2026
• Class of 2027
• Dallas College Dual Credit (information is also on new tech website)
• Job Shadowing Information and Forms
• X2Vol and Volunteering Information
Information will be updated regularly so please look in the pertinent folders as needed. I will also be sending out announcements through parent square.
Graduation and Post-Secondary Resources
• TEA Graduation Toolkit
• Texas Internship Challenge - Explore a career while still in high school.
• RoadTrip Nation hear empowering stories that give you the confidence and tools to find a career that matters to you.
• ADVi – this app that provides online advisors for questions about college as well as reminders about upcoming important application/financial aid deadlines.
• Texas Tomorrow Ready
• Family Conversation Starters
Start A Conversation: 10 Questions Teens Ask About Drugs and Health
• Talking About Bullying with Your Kids
• Sandy Hook Promise Information
• Start with Hello parent informational video.
• Suicide Prevention Information Card
• “Talking to kids when they need help” from American Psychological Association.
• Safety Tips from the National Safety Center
• Coppell ISD Safety and Security
• 6 Rules for School Safety” from Scholastic