Secondary Campus Updates
Accomplishments and things on the horizon ...
Good stuff has been happening during the week of Sept. 10 - 15, 2018
- Congratulations to Madison Weiss as she was named a National Merit Scholarship semi-finalist!
- The first round of MAP reading and math testing is complete. We learned a lot about the process and the Comet Time planning committee learned how to pull the data to help guide our classroom instruction as well as to support TAS and GGS Comet Time groups.
GGS and TAS groups starting soon! Look for more information in the very near future!
- Our remembrance of 9/11 extended beyond our school-wide reflections during morning announcements to include classroom discussions about the differences in our country pre and post 9/11. #NeverForget
- Picture days went well - :) Thanks to the Yearbook staff for your help.
- 10 secondary campus students are enrolled in our Crestwood Virtual Academy. One of our staff is serving as their Academic Facilitator to increase connections between our brick and mortar and cyberlearning opportunities.
Events on the horizon for the week of Sept 17 - 22, 2018
- Homecoming 9 -12 gr. Dance (sponsored by the Band Booster Club) tickets on sale during lunch periods Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
- Homecoming t-shirts are on sale during lunches until Wednesday 9/19
- Monday 9/17 - Last day for 7 & 8 students to submit Student Council applications.
Meeting with Class officers and advisors after school
- Wednesday 9/19 - iReady testing grs. 7 & 8
- Thursday 9/20 - Department Chair meeting, Activity Day schedule
- Thursday 9/20 - Emergency Evacuation drill - review Run-Hide-Fight video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eydFlxX-1dQ and your evacuation/shelter locations.
- Friday 9/21 - iReady testing grs. 7 & 8
- Saturday 9/22 - Homecoming Dance - 7:00 - 10:00 PM
Skills in the making!
Where's that home row? Keyboarding skills get better the more you practice!
Construction project moving!
Big improvements on the way!
Adults are growing too!
Working & learning together to use assessment data in lesson design.
Technology updates ...
We continue to roll out new Chromebooks and Laptops as they arrive!
- LESSON LEARNED ... test drive any programs or software that you need BEFORE you need it for your class or project! (I learned the hard way !)
- If you need additional software installed that is specific to you, please submit a help ticket well before you need it in your class. https://csdhdi/portal
As our Promethean boards wear out we will be shifting to touch screen flat panel monitors ... stay tuned!