WRITING MEASURABLE IEP GOALS
with a FOCUS ON RESULTS!
January 20, 2016
Select one of two duplicate sessions offered on January 20, 2016:
8:30-11:30 am, with check-in with light continental breakfast from 8:00 am
1:00 -4:00 pm, with check-in with light afternoon refreshments from 12:30 pm
29 Commerce Drive
Bedford NH 03110
www.seresc.net 603 206-6800
About ROUND TABLE Forum Professional Development
SERESC now offers highly personalized Round Table Forum Professional Development on a variety of high interest and relevant areas of educational practice.
This model, unlike traditional large group presentations, is specifically designed for small groups of twenty or fewer participants. Instruction is delivered in round table small conference room format promoting collaboration, sharing, questioning, shared planning, and product/solution development. The traditional presenter is replaced by a "coaching expert" who will guide the group through the learning experience employing a variety of highly engaging, varied and personalized approaches-including Socratic teaching.
Consider taking advantage of a Round Table by registering a group to explore a topic of interest, or work on an authentic job-embedded project! For more information, contact Jane Bergeron-Beaulieu email@example.com at SERESC: 603 206-6800. If you prefer an in-house session, Jane will also help you with details and arrangements.
Coached by Maryclare Heffernan
Maryclare has broad experience as a teacher, project director, middle school special education program director, She was for several years a consultant for the Special Education Program Approval and Improvement Process Management Team.
Additional experience includes Secondary Transition Project Director, Consultant and Facilitator for District and School in Need of Improvement Processes, Co-Director DHHS Statewide Standardization Project for Court Placed Children and Youth, Member of NH Response to Instruction (RTI) Task Force, and other consultation and evaluation projects for public school systems in NH.
Maryclare is a graduate of Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island, with a
B.A. in Psychology Minor in Special Education; and the University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH with a M.Ed. in Educational Administration and Supervision.
1. Review Individual Education Plan goal development, as aligned with the NHDOE Bureau of Special Education's expectation for developing measurable IEP goals.
2. Demonstrate how to develop Individual Education Program Goals that are:
- Grounded in knowledge about each student's individual needs;
- Include a time frame for the next level of meaningful high-leverage growth;
- Describe what new learning or behavior will look like;
- Indicate how often the growth will be measured and the tools that will be used to measure;
- State who will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the goal.
3. Encourage participants to develop an IEP that is an Action Plan for a student with an educational disability, and asks and answers the following questions:
- What is the current reality or present level of performance compared to grade level or developmental peers?
- What are the goals to help the student become as independent and competent as possible?
- Is there relevant connection of the goal to the district's curriculum standards, to real life application, to connection with prior learning?
- How is the IEP monitored and measured?
Registration information for Morning Session, click here.
Cost: $ 65.00 per person.
Registration for Afternoon Session, click here.
Cost $ 65.00 per person.
Registrations close one week before the date of the event. Due to the format of the Round Tables space is limited. If you are interested in registering after that time we will attempt to honor your requests.
Questions? Contact Sabrina Bryant at 603 206-6800 or Sabrina@seresc.net
Cancellation Policy for Professional Development Events
**All received registrations are subject to Cancellation/Refund policy. A full refund will be made for cancellations sent via email 7 days before the event.
**Refunds will not be given if the request is received less than 7 days prior to the event.
**Refunds will not be given for “no shows”.
**SERESC accepts substitution of another person. 24 hour advanced notice is appreciated.
**Registration fee or signed Purchase Order is due on or before the event.
**SERESC reserves the right to postpone or cancel events.