Carver Middle School Newsletter
May 12, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers in our community! Mother's are our first and best teachers. The impact of a mothers love lasts a lifetime. Thank you very much to every mom for all that you do to work with our school community.
Thank you very much to the Carver MS PTA and the Nause family for all of their work in recognizing our teachers during Teacher Appreciation week. Your time and attention is appreciated.
This week marks our second week of SOL testing. Science testing and English re-testing will take place this week. Please remember to encourage your student to eat a healthy breakfast and get plenty of rest on test day. It is also important for your child to bring a fully charged chromebook everyday. Replacement chargers may be purchased in the front office if needed.
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Spring Athletic Banquet
Shark Tank PLT
Great job by Mrs. Bailey's class in conducting a Shark Tank PLT! Our students were poised and professional in their presentations.
Congratulations to the Shark Tank winners!
Cooking in Mrs. Johnson's Class!
May 14- Physical Science SOL
May 16-Earth Science SOL
May 16-Spring Athletic Banquet, 5 pm Auditorium
May 15-17- English SOL re-takes
May 20- Civics SOL
May 21-24- Math SOL Testing
May 27- No School-Student/Staff Holiday
May 31- 8th Grade Dance- 6 pm-8 pm
June 7- Chromebook collection
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.