Coyote Tracks October 2018
Kesterson Elementary School
Kesterson's Nevada School Performance Rating (Star Rating)
The Importance of Attendance
- Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10 percent of the school year (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
- Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
What you can do:
- Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Don't let your child stay home unless he/she is truly sick. Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, the counselor, or other parents for advice on how to make him/her feel comfortable and excited about learning.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor, or another parent.
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
Please Update Contact Information
Rules of the Road
Also, please remember that it is illegal to pass a school bus while the stop signs are out, even in our bus lane.
Remember that, as adults, we should always be modeling proper behavior for our children. Please be courteous and respectful. Also, please make sure that you are using crosswalks to cross streets and in our parking lot. Do not let your children walk between parked busses - this is very dangerous since bus drivers can't always see small children.
Please remember, dogs are not allowed on campus.
Infinite Campus is a website parents can use to see student information, including grades and attendance. For password assistance, contact the front office.
Upcoming Events/Dates to Remember
10/04/18 Picture Day
10/24/18 9:30 am - Run for the Money
10/26/18 No School - Nevada Day
11/01/18 8:00-8:45 am - Muffins with Mom
11/02/18 8:00-8:45 am - Donuts with Dad
11/04/18 Daylight Savings Time Ends (Fall back)
11/06/18 No School (Election Day)
11/07/18 No School (Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences)
11/12/18 No School (Veterans Day)
11/15/18 Make Up Picture Day
11/19/18 - 11/23/18 No School (Thanksgiving Week)
11/25/18 9:15 am - PTA General Meeting
11/30/18 5:30 pm - PTA Ornament Night
12/22/18-1/6/19 - No School (Winter Break)