Aurora Frontier P-8 Staff Bulletin
November 23, 2015
What is happening at Frontier:
11/25-Conference Exchange Day-no school
11/26-Carrie Ricard's birthday
11/26-Happy Thanksgiving!-no school
- 11/30-12/15 Acuity Testing, grades 3-8
- 11/29-Jodi's Birthday
- 11/30-11/4-Book Fair in the Media Center
- 11/30-Community E Learning Walk for Engagement from 8:00 am-10:00 am
- 12/3-EELT Meeting-2:45-4:15
- 11/3-Barnes and Noble Bookfair-5:00-8:00
- 11/4-Cyber Patriot Competition-2:30-9:00 in the Computer Lab
- 11/4-Sci-Fi Movie Night/Tech Showcase-4:00-8:00pm
Student Announcements for this week is available on our website http://goo.gl/1rJDCw
With the Thanksgiving break approaching, please take time to enjoy family and friends and get some well deserved rest.
Girls Volleyball Schedule:
12/1-Frontier vs. Aurora Hills
- 7th at A. Hills
- 8th at Frontier
- 7th at Frontier
- 8th at Columbia
SLO Data: We have heard your concerns and challenges and have reconfigured the SLO data dates. There will be two more SLO data input dates this year: 2/3/15 and 4/20/15.
These new dates:
* occur in the fifth week of each quarter around progress report time
* allow time to gather data and see change
* are on Wednesdays to align with our professional learning
Please let us know ASAP if you see any issues with these two dates.
Christine Post shared a great link for our Depth of knowledge work.
There is a great technology PD opportunity this summer. Denver is fortunate that the ISTE (International Society of Technology Educators) Conference is coming back to Denver June 28-30, 2016. Cari and I are wondering if anyone is interested in attending. If you are please let Gwynn and Cari know ASAP.
Due to IT network systems complications that require an enhanced level of intervention, the following programs or systems access will not be available for use beginning Friday, November 20 6:00 P.M. through 2:00 P.M. Saturday, November 21:
• Access from district desktop computers (i.e. district drives-V:, W:, U:, T:, etc.)
• VPN Access from outside the district
• Internet Access (i.e. the “Web”)
• Wireless Network or Internet Access from laptops or tablets
• E-mail-via Outlook, Outlook Web, and Smartphones
• Infinite Campus
• Adobe Connect
• Online employment application system
• Nutrition Services MCS and PCS
• Transportation fuel database
• Transfinder bus routing software
• Telephone Services
Please contact the IT Help Desk at extension 28203 if you have questions or concerns.
Our Explorations, Year of Service donations (non-perishable food items, clothing and book drive) official end date is Monday, November 30th! Because of all of you, Frontier is making a difference.
Interested in a broadcasting career??
If so, then this is for you!!!!
We are looking for staff to make the Sunday Night School Announcements.
Please email Lauren for more information and to sign up.
- Duty this week- Stacy, Kurt, Cheryl, Jordan, Lisa, Rebecca C, Carrie, Lauren V., C. Robbins, Krisi, Jody, Justin, Joclyn, Jennifer and Amy.
- Hallways to and from recess and lunch are very noisy. Please help us by being visible in the halls and a conversation with students about using classroom voices.
Think Times are now digital for grades 3-8. This is not mandatory but will help us track students behavior especially in the upper grades. You can access them on our school website by clicking the button. Look for this icon on our School Website OR copy and paste the QR Code into a word document to print and scan the QR code with an iPad or Chromebook camera.
If you need help see Gwynn, Jennifer or Thomas.
Thank you to everyone who helped our school and VOTED on Wednesday. I am hoping we hear very soon!
Upcoming Media/Technology Events: 11/30-12/4 the Book Fair, 12/4-Science Fiction Night & PTO’s Movie Night, 12/7-12/11 Hour of Code Week
Media-I have created a shared document to sign up for Book Fair Previews. Use this link to access the sign up sheet Previews will be Monday, 11/30 & Tuesday 12/1. Previews will take about 20-30 minutes. If you want to have your class come in and preview the book fair, please sign up. The hours for the book fair will be Mon: 8:00-4, Tues-Thurs: 7:15-4, and Friday 7:15-6:00.
Jeannie will be here on 11/23 & 11/24 to visit each classroom to pick any monsters that have been made for the Book Fair Monster contest. Please remember that during the Book Fair, Library/Technology Classes will be in the Technology Lab.
Technology- Please take note of the Acuity Testing Schedule. Chrome books in green and blue communities will be collected Tuesday night 11/23 to be prepared for testing. I have updated the COW checkout calendars located on staff connections to represent the Acuity Schedule. I will also be touching base with MS literacy teachers to check their chromebooks too.
Hour of Code. Code.org is running a contest where 1 school in each state is chosen to win the $10,000 hardware prize of our school participates. During the week of 12/7-11 students in Specials and Library/Media will be learning about coding and programming using Code.org’s Hour of Code activities. The math teachers and I will be collaborating on coding activities for their Math classes, so that all Middle School students will be utilizing and building coding and programming skills with math, which has our school qualify for the $10,000 prize contest.
Equity in Learning Leadership Team
- We are almost done formatting the survey's and will let you know soon when we will put it out to all students
- The word doc for accountability partners will be sent Monday afternoon.
Opportunity for learning
Thursday, December 3rd, Barnes and Noble Bookfair at Southlands. The SOARing Singers will perform at 6:00p.m. A portion of the proceeds made that evening benefits the music program at Frontier.
Thursday, December 10th, Winter Concert at 7:00p.m. which will feature beginning band, advanced band, middle school choir, and the SOARing Singers!