November 16, 2021 - Issue 7
Need to translate this newsletter to a different language? Use the Translate button. If you're on a computer, it's on the right side. If you're on a phone, it's a small circular icon.
109 Gives Back Food Drive Success!
3 Days Left To Share and Rate Thoughts For Define 109!
What is the most important skill that students today need to have for them to live fulfilling and meaningful lives?
Take 5 minutes and let us know what you think! Have you already participated? Log back in and rate some new thoughts!
Have no idea what we are talking about? Click the link below to learn about Define 109 and what ThoughtExchange is in more detail.
Vaccine Clinic Spots Open
Also of note, the exact time for your child's 2nd shot will be confirmed by Passport Health AFTER they complete their first shot.
We have had a number of people find appointments elsewhere. If you had scheduled a spot with District 109's Passport Health Clinic and are no longer in need of that spot, please make sure to cancel it so that it can be filled by someone else. Look for an email from Passport Health that should have arrived shortly after you booked. It will have information about canceling your appointment.
District 113 offering HPHS Tour Tomorrow
CTAD's November Newsletter
Trying to keep your children safe and healthy can feel overwhelming sometimes. CTAD wants to help make the part about alcohol and drugs a little easier. CTAD's newsletter this month has resources for you to help you connect with your child and update you on how Illinois's new marijuana industry can impact your family. In this issue:
- Meet Highland Park Officer Hyndman
- What the Marijuana Industry Doesn't Want You to Know - free webinar
- Alcohol & Teens: Guide for Families
- Teaching Kids to Have Healthy Reactions
- Students work hard for success - awareness campaign
- Volunteer Spotlights on HPHS students
- November 18: Regular Board of Education Meeting at 6:15 pm (Closed session until 7 pm)
- November 19: Define 109 ThoughtExchange closes at 5 PM
- November 22: Parent-Teacher Conferences (Evening)
- November 23: Parent-Teacher Conferences - NO SCHOOL
- November 24 - 26: NO SCHOOL
- November 30: Next Edition of 109 News