RILINK Schools LibGuides Newsletter
RILINK Schools Policy Update
- 84 Unpublished Guides not updated in 3 or more years
- 77 Private Guides not updated in 3 or more years
- 122 Published Guides not updated in last year
Additionally, Link Checker indicates over 6000 possibly broken links are present in the site. The changes in the policy will help to ensure only accurate information is being offered on the sites.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon.
Professional Learning Sessions for LibGuides CMS or LibWizard
- Stanley's Blog ( yes... your library guide has a Blog as a page option)
- American Social Movements ( South Portland School Department)
- BGS Library ( good example of how to keep the home page tabs to a minimum on a content dense site) This site also has a nice example of making content access visual.
Looking for inspiration closer to home? Check out the RILINK Schools homepage of Published guides. Sort by Guides| Most Visits to see which ones have the most views. These are the top five as of February 7. Click on the information icon to see the number of views since January 1, 2022.
- George R. Hanaford Elementary School
- Burrillville Middle School
- James H. Eldridge Elementary School
- Cranston High School East
- West Warwick High School
Have you found a site you like? Share it with Sharon.
Tips: Box Types, Navigation Options, and Customized Color
- Does Box Type figure into the decision on how to display content? Check out these uses of the Gallery Box and the Tabbed Box.
- Are Navigation options considered? The Burrillville Middle School guide makes use of one of the Side Navigation options.
- Has custom color for Tabs & Boxes been added?
The "how-to's" for all of these can be found on the RILINK Schools CMS Users Guide.