Roberts Middle School
Aviators Agenda: September 28 - October 2
Why Common Assessments?
If we are able to focus with the end in mind, we can create a blueprint that will help navigate us to our destination. In Stephen Covey's book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, chapter 2 is titled “Begin with the End in Mind.” Begin with the end in mind means to begin each day, task, or project with a clear vision of your desired direction and destination, and then continue by flexing your proactive muscles to make things happen.
At Roberts, our goal is to always set targets and provide clear direction on how to achieve our targets. What are our weekly targets/goals for our students? We design common assessments to use at PLCs to give us the pathway to the end. Common assessments help us to gage whether or not a student has truly understood the concept that was taught for the week. This blueprint of checking for understanding ensures that we have a continual path of growth. I know this task is cumbersome and requires time and grit, but if we are able to remain focused, we will see the results.
Focused Walkthrough this week:
Please make sure the following Items are included:
- Throw down plans with copies
- Attendance procedures
- Classroom schedule
Just Another Sonic Monday
Flight Itinerary: September 28 - October 2
- Admin Staffing
- Sonic Monday
- 4:15-4:45 Insurance Update Meeting (optional)
- Instructional Rounds @ Morris (5 Admin Team Attending)
- Touchdown Tuesday
- 10:15-11:13 6th Grade Social Studies PLC
- 12:53-1:51 5th Grade Social Studies PLC
- 1:55-2:53 5th Grade Math PLC
- 2:57-3:55 6th Grade Math PLC
- 7:45-8:15 Courtesy Committee Meeting
- 10:15-11:13 5th Grade Science PLC
- 12:53-1:51 6th Grade Science PLC
- 1:55-2:53 6th Grade Reading PLC
- 2:57-3:55 5th Grade Reading PLC
- 4:15-4:35 Intervention Training Make-Up Session
- Early Dismissal (Christine will send out schedule)
- School Dance
- Passionately Pink Thursday
- Finish Strong Friday
Are you going?
- When: October 9th
- Time: 4:30
- Where: La Brisa
Do you want to wear your favorite football shirt with jeans every Tuesday? Now you can, by paying $20 to Sylvia. This promotion will last all the way until the end of this year.
We will be allowing our students to wear their favorite football shirt every Tuesday for $1. I will be making announcements this Monday about the details.
Students start date:
- September 29