My take on the Apollo missions
The Man On The Moon
Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin. The first american team on the moon saying " One small step for man, One giant leap for mankind".
Fred Waise, John Swigert. and James Lovell. The crew that created the saying "Houston, we have a problem" and got a movie based of their trip.
Virgil Gus Grissom, Edward White II, and Roger Chaffe. this was the crew that never made it off the launch pad.
The Life Threatening Mission
This was supposed to be a lunar mission to orbit the moon. Then as they were going around the moon one of the oxygen tanks busted from a explosion. the crew was in trouble. They shut down all of the CM and LM systems. Then they still orbited the moon but only the men came back to earth, the ship was not able to land.
The Results Of The Apollo Missions
- the moon is not a primordial object, it is an evolved terrestrial planet with internal zoning similar to earth.
- the moon is ancient and still preserves an early history that must be common to all planets.
- the youngest moon rocks are virtually as old as earth rocks. the earliest process and events effected both planetary bodies that can only be found on the moon.
- the earth and moon are genetically related and formed from different proportions from a common reservoir of materials.
- the moon is life less
- early in its history the moon was melted to great depths to create a magma ocean.
- the ocean had lots of asteroid impacts that created basins and later were filled with lava