The John Allen Muhammad Case
By: Malaysia Williams
Facts on the case.
- John Allen Muhammad (34 at the time) and Lee Boyd Malvo (17 at the time) were arrested, tried and convicted for the shootings. Muhammad receives a death sentence and is executed on November 10, 2009. Malvo receives life in prison without parole. The killings occurred between February 16th and October 22nd. The 10 month shooting spree resulted to 17 deaths and 10 injuries.
- They used a stolen 1990 blue Chevrolet to travel for their killings. The trunk of the Chevrolet Caprice was modified to serve as a "rolling sniper's nest". The back seat was modified to allow a person access to the trunk. Once inside, the sniper could lie prone with shots taken from a small hole near the license plate created for that purpose.
The victims that were killed were between the ages of 13 to 72!
The man himself...
John Allen Muhammad
Lee B. Malvo and John A. Muhammad
Motive, Verdit and Sentence
- They had a 3 Phase Plan. Phase 1 was to kill 6 white people a day for 30 days but that failed due to heavy traffic. Phase 2 was to kill pregnant women and police men. They were going to shoot the women in the stomach and by killing the police it would result in killing more policemen because they would show up to the funerals. In Phase 3 they were going to capture young boys from orphanages and YMCAs for government money. With the money they were going to go to Canada and train the boys to be mini assassins. All of these Phases back fired on both of them.
- Malvo figured if he told the judge the whole truth that it would save Muhammad from getting the death sentence. By Malvo saying that the judge still gave him the death sentence.
- Muhammad was executed on Nov. 10, 2009 by lethal injection. It only took him 5 mins to die. Malvo couldn't get the death sentence at the time because he was a minor. So he was sentenced to 6 counts of life sentences in prison without parol.
The "Killing" Car
1990 Blue Chevrolet
Drawing of modified car
This is how Malvo did his shootings, by going through the backseat.
The Bushmaster XM-15 Rifle
The sniper used for the killings