Everything you need to know about lithium!
Discovery of lithium: Lithium was discovered in the mineral petalite by Johann August Arfvedson in 1817. It was first isolated by William Thomas Brande and Humphrey Davy through the electrolysis of lithium oxide.
Properties of Lithium: It's a soft silvery metal. It has the lowest density's of all metals.
Uses of lithium : Lithium is in rechargeable batteries. It is also in non rechargeable batteries. It is also used in bicycle frames.
Compounds with the element in them: Lithium hydroxide (LiOH) Lithium hydride (LiH) Lithium chloride (LiCl)
Lithium and oxide
Its best to not combine water and pure lithium
To find lithium on the periodic table look in the alkali metals group
it is not Hard to get a lithium battery
an Ionic bond forms with lithium and oxygen
lithiUm is used alot
Maybe batteries contain lithium
2. "Lithium - Element Information, Properties and Uses | Periodic Table." Lithium - Element Information, Properties and Uses | Periodic Table. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2016.
3. Alkali Metals to the Left." Chem4Kids.com: Elements & Periodic Table: Alkali Metals. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2016.
4. "Chemical Elements.com - Lithium (Li)." Chemical Elements.com - Lithium (Li). N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2016
5. "LITHIUM." Lithium, Chemical Element. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2016.
6. "History." Alkali Metals- Group 1 (IA). N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2016