BY Sindy Godoy
An Odontologist is also known as the forensic dentist: they are highly trained dentists. There excellent experience it very well enough to distinguish all kind of bit marks of specific individual.
- They identify humans reminds when there anything else to identify the body.
- They identify bodies that when through mass fatalities(Forensic Odontology)
- Determine the age of the body(Forensic Odontology).
- Determine source of bit mark if it was a like an abuse or assault (Forensic Odontology)
A forensic odontologist works regular hours doing forensic examinations. Some times they are requisted to go to the actual crime scene. They are have to be available anytime even if it mean to work in holidays and long hours until night and weekends. When they are to their examination they have to be very accurate in there work to have the right result.
- Passionate for the dentist filed
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skills
- A person who has the desire to learn
- A honest persona that is trustful
- being good problem solver
Tranding and Education
- This career is from 4 to 8 years of study.
- The outlook of this job is excellent.
- They have to earn the Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree to become a Dentist.
- It requires a training.
- Along with all those things they need a certified by America Board of Forensic Odontology
- They have to work on a numbers of cases to earn point to pass the qualify exam.
Earning and Job Outllook
- The salary of an Odontologist is $150,000-$180,000
- The job outlook is excellent after get the certification they find jobs.
University of New Hampshire
Massachusetts General Hospital Dietetic Internship