Cardinal Family Newsletter
It's a GREAT day to be a Cardinal!
August 13, 2021
It was so great seeing everyone at the Open House last Thursday! There was so much energy and excitement for the upcoming school year which begins on Tuesday. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding in regards to schedules and chrome books. Fifth grade students will receive both on Monday during their orientation, and the other grade levels will receive them on Tuesday.
Here are the Middle School/High School Times
7:15 Grab and Go Breakfast, directly to 1st period class
7:30 Tardy bell rings
2:24 Bus dismissal and 2:30 Release drivers/walkers
For those of you who pick up and drop off your children, from 7-9 am and 2-4 pm the traffic pattern around the school will be one way for safety reasons during drop off and pick up times. There will be signs and flashing lights as a reminder.
If you have not updated your child's final forms please do so before Tuesday.
I am looking forward to the school year and seeing all the students return this year. It is going to be a great year! Please reach out if you have any questions at all.
Have a great weekend.
There's a Time and Place for Cell Phones
Please read up on our cell phone policy and discuss with your child.
CELL PHONES, IPODS, ELECTRONIC DEVICES
Felicity Middle School recognizes that cell phones can be an effective tool in the student’s educational experience. It is, however, important to emphasize that students having cell phones is a privilege. Students are expected to be responsible users of all electronic devices.
Students may use electronic devices before and after school, and in the cafeteria during lunch. Use of cell phones, ear buds and/or other electronic devices for educational purposes in the classroom is at the sole discretion of each individual teacher. In the classroom, turned off cell phones will be placed in a visible holder in the front of the room
Students may not take pictures, record audio or record video during the school day. Students may not use electronic devices to bully or harass others. Sexting is prohibited. Because of privacy concerns, electronic devices may not be used in restrooms or locker rooms. Sending or receiving answers to tests or quizzes is prohibited.
If an electronic device is observed being used by a student during the school day without permission, the following steps will take place:
1. For the first incident the phone will be confiscated by the staff member and be returned at the end of the day. The student will also receive a detention.
2. For the second incident the device will be confiscated and the parent must pick it up. The student will also receive a Friday School.
3. Further incidents may result in suspensions from school
· Taking pictures, audio and video recordings during the school day without specific consent of the teacher or principal is strictly prohibited. Violation of this will result in the loss of cell phone privileges and may be accompanied by additional discipline that may include but not limited to suspension from school.
· Posting to social media during the school day without specific consent to the teacher or principal is strictly prohibited. Violation of this will result in the loss of cell phone privilege and may be accompanied by additional discipline that may include suspension or expulsion.
· Posting information to social media after school hours that results in a disruption to the school environment may result in discipline which may include suspension or expulsion.
o Students may use electronic devices on the school bus at the discretion of the bus driver. Distracting behavior will not be tolerated and all school rules still apply.
If a child needs to call home, they need to ask the teacher for permission to use the phone. They will only be permitted to use the office phone in an emergency