JCMS Parent Newsletter
- The Una Voce Showcase - will be on April 29 at 7:00 pm in the JCMS auditorium. Tickets are on sale in the choir room. Seating is reserved, so please make sure to get your tickets in advance for the low price of $2 for students, $4 for adults. You can order your tickets at school or contact Mrs. Frey via email: email@example.com, and send in your payment. You can chance getting a ticket at the door the night of the concert as well. We will be performing a tribute to Michael Jackson as well as many different pop numbers!
- JCMS Spring Pictures -Thursday, April 7th. Picture order forms have gone home with students last week or you can order on line @ mylifetouch.com Use Picture Day ID: TF045413Y0. Picture packages start at $18.00. Pre-Pay ONLY. Only those students with order forms & money will be photographed.
- 8th Grade Dance - We are asking that every 8th grader bring in a 2 liter of drink to be used for the 8th grade dance. Please bring it to room 144. You may bring it anytime from now until the day of the dance.
- Parents for 8th Grade Dance - Parents of 8th graders are invited to come to the 8th grade dance planning meetings. The meetings will be held on Tuesdays beginning March 1st. The meetings will be at 6:00 p.m. in room 144.
2016 ISTEP+ Windows - Please avoid scheduling all appointments or other things where your student misses school on the following dates: April 18-29. These dates are when we will be taking ISTEP+ this year.
Picking Up Your Student at the End of the Day - Please make sure that you are picking students up in the afternoon in the back of the building. Picking them up in the front lot is very dangerous with all of the bus traffic and then walkers as they leave after buses.
Snow Make-up Days -
Date Missed - Make-Up Date
January 11 - Monday, January 18 (MLK Day)
January 12 - Thursday May 19th
January 20 - Friday May 20th
Picking Students Up for Appointments - Make a doctors appointment for your student during the school day? No problem! - call ahead or write a note for your student to bring to the main office letting us know what time you will be here. By letting us know ahead of time, we are able to have your student in the main office ready to go by the time you arrive.
2015-2016 Yearbooks - Now on Sale!! Order forms are being mailed home or you can go to: ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter Yearbook ID Code: 12069116. Prices start at $25 for a yearbook.
7th Grade Math Help - Struggling in math? Mrs. Ballenger will be available for tutoring and extra help every Thursday until 4:00pm.
New ISTEP+ Test - If you want to see what all the hype is about and try some of the new ISTEP+ based questions yourself, visit http://parcc.pearson.com/practice-tests/english/.
- Comment Box - Please help make our school better. If you have feedback for us or a suggestion on how we would do something better, please click the following link and let us know. Be as detailed as possible in your suggestion so we are able to act upon it. http://goo.gl/forms/yUo6t4sp8X
Spring Band and Orchestra Concert
Thursday, April 7th, 7pm
820 West Walnut Street
North Vernon, IN
After School Dance
Friday, April 8th, 3:15-5pm
820 West Walnut Street
North Vernon, IN
From the Guidance Office
Jennings County Middle School is so excited to greet our 2016-17 incoming 7th graders on Monday and Tuesday of this week. Each elementary school will visit to explore the middle school, hear about our different activities and clubs, find out how our schedule runs and have an opportunity to give it a try with a combination lock on a real locker. Our JYIT group and Student Council will serve as tour guides and we’re all looking forward to welcoming these students and helping them feel more at ease about the move from elementary school to middle school.
Parents of these incoming 7th graders will also be invited to a free spaghetti dinner and parent meeting on April 21. The dinner begins at 6 p.m. and parents will have the pleasure of being entertained by our Una Voce show choir. The parent meeting will begin at 6:30 with introductions and information.
This is an excellent time for our current students to show these new students how proud they are to be a Jennings County Middle School panther and demonstrate the behaviors and values they have learned and demonstrate everyday. Do Right! Act Right! Say Right! It’s the Panther Way!!