District Accreditation Happening Now. Staff Survey Has Been Released.
Boone County School District is going through its Accreditation Review this year, which takes place every 5 years. Part of that review is input from staff, students, parents, and community stakeholders. That input is gathered in the form of surveys. AdvancEd is the Accreditation organization that collects the data from the surveys and all responses are completely confidential.
The purpose of this survey is to find out your opinions about your school. Read each statement and choose the response that most closely matches your opinion. Please answer each item honestly. This survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
Please click the following link to complete our staff survey.
Once again, your responses will be completely confidential.
Staff Spiritwear Link--orders due on Sunday
PGES at a Glance
- Monitor your SGG and update your WIG board.
- Schedule/complete post observation if your eval is scheduled this month.
- Mid year meetings continue. We will review your PGP progress, your SGG progress, and chat about your year. Bring your leadership notebook if it is ready.
This week's events
- 1st Grade Field Trip
- Rachel out at coaches training
- SBDM switched to February 20th
- Rachel out at coaches training
- PLCs pushed out to Friday
- The Study of Learning Series is over
- Yes Team Leader Meeting
- Yes Faculty Meeting -- Science Content Leadership
- Yes Lighthouse Meeting
- Cooper Cluster Meeting hosted at LBES this morning
- Poverty Study is over
- 3rd Grade Living Wax Museum--reserve a spot
Action Team Updates
- Create or update your team mission statement and share.
- Meets weekly on Thursdays
Family and Staff Education
- Focus on how the faculty meeting time is spent.
- Survey staff on voice and choice.
- Adding support for teachers for the teacher leadership notebooks.
- Create teacher notebook models.
- Process for goal reflection and resetting goals during the year.
- Create a sub list of parents. Instruct teachers how to find a sub.
- Instruct every club leader to create sub plans.
- Prioritize which events to leaderize.
- Start planning next Leadership Day.
- Look at a spring event to celebrate goals, WIGs and growth.
Scoreboards and WIGS
- Focus on making sure the WIG boards are understandable in 5 seconds.
- Communicate with the Leadership Notebook Team.
- Explore the use of a universal student data tracker.
- Focus on sustainable progress.
- Do a deep diver refresher with Sara and the LNB team in April.
- Alcoves for Music and Art will be painted.
- Beginning of the year environment prep.
- Environment Club will be redoing Yacht Club.
- Ask Crossroads to paint our alcoves in spring.
- Begin focusing on how parents are using the habits at home or how kids are using the habits at home.
- More purposeful posts.
- Make sure all grade levels and all students are featured.
- Add more videos.
Monday Morning Meeting
- Create a mission statement
- Build the habits and paradigms into meetings.
- Empower kids to lead the MMM.
- Brainstorming new job opportunities.
- Finding time to train students when they are hired mid-year.
- Creating a new application to reflect new jobs.
Direct Lessons--may rename Student Learning
- Create a timeline for staff for the 2nd half of the year.
- Work on procedural lesson plans for LEAD posters.
- Develop a purpose and mission statement.