October 25, 2022
Workshop Model Teaching and Learning Series
- Week of October 24th: Continued walkthroughs with feedback and celebration of Do Nows across the district
- Week of October 31st: Will begin the Workshop Model Teaching and Learning Series on Direct Instruction/Mini-lesson
🎯 Do Now Explained by our Asst. Director of Instruction: Heather Guerra
🏆 Have you mastered the Do Now?
- The Workshop Model is an expectation of all teachers districtwide.
- Do Now is the first component of the Workshop Model.
- Please reach out to your principal or the Instructional Division if you need any help or support.
- By the end of this week, Do Nows are expected to be a fully implemented component in each classroom in the Lansing School District.
🧰 Adding to Your Teaching Toolbox
Use Your Clevertouch
- Display a countdown timer on the Clevertouch for the Do Now
- Project the Do Now Activity on the Clevertouch board - great way to add pictures, create a predictable format and is large enough that everyone can see the Do Now clearly
📸 Photos of Do Nows in Action
Ms. Bossie @ Forest View
Do Now: Journal entry of what they see/what they think it might be/ and what they are wondering after looking at a picture.
📸 Please share pictures of your students working on a Do Now!
⭐ Your lesson could be featured in the next Instructional Minute!
Click the link below, "Share Your Ideas", to submit interest in having your lesson recorded. We would love to feature your classroom as part of the Workshop Model Teaching and Learning Series.