7th Grade Science
Weeks of 9/12 + 9/19
YAY for Biology!
>>>Cell Test Friday, 9/23
Standards, Essential Questions, + Big Ideas
NC Essential Standard 7.L.1
- Why is a dog considered a more diverse organism than a pond organism like an amoeba?
- How could organelles be compared to parts of your school?
- What factors do you think make you “alive”?
- Variation in organisms is linked to the type of reproduction it undergoes.
- The function of organelles maintains homeostasis in cells.
- The characteristics of living organisms.
CW: Cell Theory
HW: Finish CW (Discovering Cells Review + Reinforce)
CW: Prokaryotes + Eukaryotes, Organelles Foldable; Go Over Hierarchy Quiz
HW: Finish CW (Looking Inside Cells Review + Reinforce)
CW: Organelle Bingo + Organelle Discussion (cont'd), Plant and Animal Cells, Labeling + Coloring the Cell
CW: Organelle Bingo + Cells (cont'd)
CW: Cells WebQuest
CW: Protist Discussion + WebQuest Continued
HW: Begin Study Guide (due Thursday)
CW: Compare + Contrast Plant and Animal Cells, Cell Coloring Sheet
HW: Continue Study Guide
CW: Microscope Lab
HW: Continue Study Guide (due tomorrow); Review for Test Friday
CW: Review Sheet + Possible Activity
HW: Study for Test
CW: Cell Structure + Function Test; Organelle Wanted Poster
HW: Finish Organelle Wanted Poster