Between the Lines
A Newsletter for CHS Tennis Booster Club Members--04.15.19
The CHS TENNIS BANQUET is quickly approaching! (See Invitation)
- TONIGHT!! Monday, April 15, 2019, @6:30pm Tennis Banquet Meeting @CHS Tennis Center
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019, RSVP for Banquet DEADLINE
- Friday, May 3, 2019, @6-9:30pm Tennis Banquet @The Courtyard Marriott in Grapevine
SPRING FLOWER SALES
- Saturday, April 27, 2019, Flower Delivery Day @CHS Tennis Center (until noon)--VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Player Photo and Team Photos UPDATE: The pictures taken by Concept 7 in the fall are available to view and purchase. More information about this is included in the pdf at the bottom of the newsletter.
The Coppell TENNIS BOOSTER WEBSITE is coppelltennis.net. There is link is at the bottom of this newsletter. Check it out!!!
SHUTTERFLY SHARE SITE is Available to Tennis Boosters on the booster website!!! You can access the site in view mode by using the group password "gocowboys".
The March Booster Meeting NOTES are AVAILABLE--See PDF at the bottom of the Newsletter!
Topspin with Coach Foster
- We have 7 players advancing to the Regional Tournament THIS Wednesday-Thursday, April 17-18, (beginning @8am) in Arlington PLEASE COME SUPPORT OUR PLAYERS!!
2019 CHS TENNIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Please submit the attached form in a sealed envelope to Coach Foster at the CHS Tennis Center no later than April 24, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- Completed CHS Tennis Scholarship Application Form (may be typed or handwritten)
- Three completed Recommendation Forms
- 1 must be completed by a CHS Tennis Coach
- 1 must be completed by a teacher
- 1 of your choice, excluding your immediate family
The JV team will travel to Lewisville on Monday, April 15, 2019, (during the school day) for the JV District Tournament. Please support the team if you can.
We have many players who excel outside of school tennis, and we want to celebrate their accomplishments!
- Sydney Nguyen applied for, interviewed, and was awarded Harding University’s Trustee Scholar Award, which is a merit-based scholarship. They select ONLY 25 people out of all the applicants and provide them with a full ride! They consider GPA, SAT scores, work experience, communication skills, character, and ambition. Congratulations to Sydney and her family!!
- Eashana Arora will be attending the University of Texas at Dallas majoring in Biochemistry. She was awarded the Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES), awarded based on a holistic review, through which she will receive a full ride!! Congratulations to Eashana and her family!!
- Three of our New Tech High @Coppell players, Cason Cole, Ryan Chen, and Josh Thomas, held the Stop Hunger Charity Tournament this Friday benefiting Mission Arlington, helping to supply food-insecure individuals and families with groceries. After learning about food insecurity in the US in their AP Human Geography class, these student athletes, along with classmates Bhargav Vendula and AJ Bains, decided to work together to organize, market, and run a charity tennis tournament. It is very impressive that 5 Freshmen boys would be able to do this independently with little adult involvement. Thank you to Coach Foster for his support and all the Coppell Tennis players who participated.
Sydney Nguyen is Awarded Full Ride Scholarship
Eashana Arora is Awarded Full Ride Scholarship
Cason Cole, Ryan Chen & Josh Thomas Hold Charity Tournament
Matthew Abbey---Boys' Singles---2nd Place--Advancing to Regionals
Kunal Seetha---Boys' Singles---3rd Place--Regional Alternate
Justin Bohn/Andreja Zrnic---Boys' Doubles---1st Place--Advancing to Regionals
Clark Parlier/Aiswarya Kannan---Mixed Doubles---1st Place--Advancing to Regionals
Vinay Patel/Rifhat Sindhi---Mixed Doubles---3rd Place--Regional Alternate
Suzuka Nishino/Ruchika Khowala---Girls' Doubles---1st Place--Advancing to Regionals
Good luck to all!!
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR PARENTS who have graciously volunteered their time to make sure our players have the best possible experience. This includes the entire Booster Club Board and all the parents who have volunteered to help with the website, social media, communication, pictures, tournaments, flower sales, Senior Night, Homecoming, the tennis banquet and countless other things. It truly takes a lot to run this program properly. Thank you so much to those who show up to the booster club meetings, the banquet meetings, and the matches! We have some parents who continually step up to serve and support, and their contribution is very much appreciated.
Boosters are looking for YOUR HELP. We have 127 players; please help us support them and help make this tennis program the best that it can be. GET INVOLVED!!
Down the Line (Save the Date)
TONIGHT Monday, April 15, 2019 @6:30pm, Banquet Meeting @CHS Tennis Center
Tuesday, April 16, 2019, RSVP for Banquet DEADLINE
Wednesday-Thursday, April 17-18, (begins @8am) Regional Tournament in Arlington--We have 7 players advancing!! PLEASE COME SUPPORT OUR PLAYERS
Saturday, April 27, 2019, Flower Delivery Day @CHS Tennis Center (until noon)--VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
MONDAY, April 29, 2019, @6:15pm Tennis Booster Club Meeting @CHS Tennis Center
Friday, May 3, 2019, @6-9:30pm Tennis Banquet @The Courtyard Marriott in Grapevine--HELP NEEDED
President: Rhonda Nelson email@example.com
Vice President: Kelley Parlier firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Martha Rivas email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator: Mark Abbey firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Analyn Abbey email@example.com
Treasurer: Keiko Nishino firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter: Monica Cole email@example.com