Mina Knapp's Future
By: Mina Knapp
I plan on going to some kind of medical college, I'm am not at all sure which specific college but I know I should probably start thinking. I want to go to a medical college for gynecology and if I can't make it with that my plan B is vetrinary, but I would really like to persue gynecology in college. My plan C is to fall back on to my art and go to an art college but there's no need to get into that. I also have a plan D, E, and F but that's not imprtant right now.
I don't at all know what college I want to go to and I stillhave time to decide and I don't have to chose just one college, BUT! A college I might consider is The Virginia Commonwealth University or VCU in Richmond, VA.
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of mathematics (including algebra I and either geometry or algebra II)
- 3 units of history, social studies or government
- 3 units of science (at least one laboratory)
- 3 units of one foreign language or 2 units of two foreign languages are strongly recommended
- *Extracurricular activities and employment experience may strengthen an application. Essays are required of all applicants. At least one recommendation is required of all applicants.
- a minimum high school GPA of 3.3 may request that their application be reviewed without submitting standardized test scores.
- The application fee for applying online is $40; the application fee for applying using the paper version of the application is $50
Outside the College
Near the college is the james river, Shockoe slip(a really cool town with brick roads), Tredegar iron works, Monument avanue, Belle Isle pedestrian bridge, Maymont estate, a folk festival in October, and the Virginia museum of fine arts to name some amazing attractions near by.
I will be in VCU's health system working in the division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology. I will need a bachelors degree(undergraduate) and medical school degree to pursue this career.