District-wide ENews Notes
November 4, 2021
- Sun., Nov. 7 - Daylight Savings Time Ends
- Mon., Nov. 8 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
- Tues., Nov. 9 - Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Thurs., Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day - Professional Development Day; Staff in Session, Students Not in Session
- Mon., Nov. 15 - Winter Sports Practices Begin
- Tues., Nov. 16 - Safety Committee Meeting, TBD, 3:45 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 17 - Music Booster Club Meeting, H.S. Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
- Tues., Nov. 23 - Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 24 - Fri., Nov. 26 - Thanksgiving Recess - No School
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Drama Club presents, 13 Ways to Screw Up Your College Interview
When two college recruiters at a prestigious university need to fill one last spot to keep their jobs, thirteen eccentric, dimwitted, and slightly insane high school seniors are eager to come in for an interview. What seems like a simple task turns into a nightmare when the applicants turn out to be a reality TV star, a practicing vampire, an amateur magician, and others that are much worse. Each applicant’s interview hilariously illustrates what NOT to do at a college interview.
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Drama Club presents, 13 Ways to Screw Up Your College Interview by Ian McWethy premiering November 12th & 13th, at 7:30 p.m., in the High School Auditorium. Tickets are $5 and are available at the door.
INTERVIEWER ONE: David Tuller
INTERVIEWER TWO: Molly Connors
HAROLD: Jason Howard
KIMBERLY: Kendall Towner
PRODUCER: Aubrey Bent
MARIA: Ella Clark
BRETT: Owen Dack
LILY: Ella Magee
MELVIN: Noah Adams
KELLY: Paige Moscicki
JEFF: Nick Boggio
EVE: Maegan Frame
ELIZABETH: Maia Gathercole
BEN: Will Emerson
JASON: Colin Fanning
EMILY: Maggie Grann
STUDENT DIRECTORS: Leah Torregiano Kaitlyn Yelencsics
ORIGINAL MUSIC WRITTEN AND PERFORMED BY: Will Tomaszewski
HF-L MUSIC BOOSTERS HOLIDAY PLANT SALE
New York State requires all school districts to annually notify parents/guardians of specific laws and/or regulations. In an effort to reduce costs, the Honeoye Falls-Lima School District will be providing these notifications to families electronically this year, unless otherwise requested by returning the hard-copy request form attached below. The following chart lists those statutes and/or regulations required annually. The district will continue to incorporate the NYSED application and guidelines for free and reduced meals as an insert in the HF-L Community Calendar.
If you would like to receive any/all of these notices in hard copy, please complete the Annual Notices Notification form prior to November 12, 2021.
Career Night & Job Fair
The event will be Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021, from 6-7:30 pm at the HF-L Middle School. Careers represented will include those ranging from engineering to medical to construction to criminal justice, and beyond; military persons will also attend. This year we have added a local job fair for students and parents seeking employment. Sarah Harvey and Betty Mandek will be on-site for students to file for and receive working papers.
Do you like to use your creative abilities to make one-of-a-kind works of art? If so, you should sign up for December's Craft Club! Each session will feature a different craft, and are you ready for the best part? For those of you who plan on giving your artistic creations as gifts, you will be able to gift wrap them - talk about "Secret Santa"! Holiday Craft Club beginning Wednesday and Friday, December 1 - December 15, 3:00 - 4:00 pm. To register sign up through Community Programs Office at:
Vacation Cougar Care
November 11, 2021 Vacation Care is available, and registration is open online.
Activities include a field trip to Altitude Trampoline Park and open swim at the High School pool. For questions, please contact the Community Programs Office at 624-7068.
HF-L Downhill Ski and Snowboard Club
HF-L Downhill Ski and Snowboard Club is back! Registration is now open for students in grades 3 - 12 through the Community Programs website. For more information check out the HF-L Downhill Ski and Snowboard Club Facebook page or stop by the Community Programs Office. Think Snow!
Introducing Club Paper
BIL Basketball Registration Now Open
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library is open M-Th, 9 am - 8 pm. Friday and Saturday, 9 am - 3 pm.
Upcoming Weekly Events:
- Tuesday Story Time at the Gazebo, 10 am, Rain or shine, bring your toddler for stories, songs, and simple crafts.
- For Adults - Join us Tuesdays now through November, from 12:12 – 12:52 PM, to watch a book review on the “big screen” at Mendon Public Library. No reservation is needed. We will be showing the Fall 2021 Books Sandwiched In book reviews, provided by the FFRPL (Friends and Foundation of Rochester Public Library).
- Sit n' Stitch Wed 11/10/2021 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Teen Trivia Night: Percy Jackson + Other Questions (Open to Middle & HS Students) Wed 11/10/2021 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Knit Nook Thu 11/11/2021 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Board Game and Puzzle Swap Drop Off Mon 11/15/2021, 9:00 AM to Fri 11/19/2021, 3:00 PM
- Board Game and Puzzle Swap Pick Up Sat 11/20/2021, 9:00 AM to Wed 11/24/2021, 1:00 PM
- Haudenosaunee Story Telling Circle for Children and Families Sat 11/27/2021 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM