Room 12 News
January 26 - February 8, 2016
We will be learning about the letters Nn and Hh. We will read the books The Nicest Newt and Hide-And-Seek Hippo and the children will practice letter recognition and formation. A few activities are:
- N letter maze
- Tracing and writing N and H
- Heart sorting
- Sibling graph
- Family stamping/patterning
- Building a family with connectors
- Magnetic family tree
We will continue discussing different kinds of fabric: corduroy, sparkle organza, denim, and wool, among others. The kids will make their own paper dolls and dress them using different fabrics. In addition, each child will begin his/her individual weaving that will be completed over the next few weeks.
Ask your child about...
- Where fabric comes from
- The members of his/her family
- words that begin with N and H
Reminders and Events
- January 28 - Pre-k PM parent lunch
- February 2 - Observation 9:00-9:30 AM (P.E.)
- February 9 - Valentine's Day Celebration (more info to follow)
- February 10 and February 11 - Conferences
- February 12 and February 15 - No School
- February 16 - Science Night at the Perot Museum 5:00-6:30 PM. Students should wear their Lamplighter t-shirts (helps with security).
- February 29 - Game visits 10:00-10:30 AM and 2:00-2:30 PM