Broad Street Newsletter
August 27, 2021
A message from Ms. Alexander, Principal
Please see information below related to cycle days the first week and an update regarding lunches the first week of school. There are some construction delays resulting in the kitchen not being ready. Regular should be back on the menu after the Labor Day break.
Also, I ask that you take a moment to review arrival and dismissal procedures. If you have questions do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to help.
Finally, thank you for your continued support!
Student Emergency Forms
- Student Emergency forms must be filled out EVERY year for each student. Please complete this task before August 30th.
- Sign on to the Community Web Portal here to complete the STUDENT EMERGENCY FORM
- Directions can be found on the MASD website here.
- If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Bradley in the office by email at BroadStreetOffice@mbgsd.org or by phone (717) 691-4574.
Arrival and Dismissal Information
Due to construction, all students will use the main doors located in the front of the building. The document on our website under NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS outlines Traffic Flow Details along with a map. The document is also below for your reference.
Students can arrive between the times of 7:30 - 7:45 AM.
- Parent car drop off will occur in the front loop of the building. Staff will be there to support.
- For safety purposes, students should exit cars on the passenger side
- Drop off will take place between the orange cones
- Buses and school vans will drop off in the bus loop
****All students will enter through the main doors
****Students should not arrive prior to 7:30 AM
Student dismissal will begin at 2:20 PM in the following order:
2:20 - Buses 1 & 2 and District Van riders
2:22 - Daycare Vans
2:24 - Parent Pick-ups and Walkers
Parent pick-ups will occur outside the main doors of the building - staff will walk students out of the building. Parents should park along Keller and Broad Streets and walk to meet students. This is the same procedure used last year. NO cars will be permitted in the front loop during dismissal
Food Service Information - UPDATED
Breakfast and lunch will be FREE again this school year for ALL students. Take home meals will NOT be served this year.
Also, due to some delays with construction Regular will NOT be an option the first week of school. Students will be able to choose from the following:
· Deli Turkey & Cheese Sandwich on a Whole Grain Roll or
· “Wildcat”-Smucker’s PB & Grape Jelly Sandwich or
· Go-Yo-Trix Yogurt, Cheese Stick & Tortilla Chips
Every school lunch includes choice of fruit, vegetables and milk.
First Week of School Information
Monday, August 30 - Cycle Day 1
- First Day of School for students with last name beginning with A-K
Tuesday, August 31 - Cycle Day 2
- First Day of School for students with last name beginning with L-Z
Wednesday, September 1- Cycle Day 3
- Second Day of School for students with last name beginning with A-K
Thursday, September 2 - Cycle Day 4
- Second Day of School for students with last name beginning with L-Z
Friday, September 3 – Monday, September 6
- NO SCHOOL – Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, September 9
- Back To School Night 6:-7:30 p.m. (Adults Only)
Day Cares that serve Broad Street Elementary:
- MLC - (717) 766-2439 (before and after school)
- Kindercare- (717) 791-3955 (before and after school)
- Circle of Friends- 717-737-6621 X12 (afterschool only)
- Fear Knot Martial Arts- (717) 620-8500 (afterschool only)
If your child will be attending either before or after school care, please email Mrs. Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org)so that she has the information for our arrival/dismissal schedules and can pass the information on to teachers.