Carelot Clubhouse News- August 2020
School Age Programs
What are my options for the school year?
We hope you are all holding up well as summer comes to an end. We know how difficult the school year options are for our families and we are doing our best to do what we can for our School-age children.
We have been at the mercy of decisions made by the State of CT, Superintendents, and Principals for our Clubhouse program for the 2020-2021 school year. After several meetings with the school systems, evaluation of safety procedures, and CT OEC licensing and CDC requirements, we have some options for our families. Please know that our hands are tied and many decisions were not necessarily our decisions, but what our school contracts have allowed at this time.
Each day we are given information that may change and all we can do is roll with those changes. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this together.
Carelot Children's Center/Carelot Clubhouse Executive Team
Clubhouse Details by Program:
- WAS: Oswegatchie, Great Neck, and Quaker Hill- Will run at the schools with the following conditions: The Programs will follow the hybrid schedule and will be providing after school care on M, T, Th, F. Our program is closed on Wednesdays for deep cleaning of the school. Check out our website for more details. Carelot will be following all protocols to keep children and staff safe.
- GES: Will run at the school with the following conditions: The Program will follow the hybrid schedule and will be providing before and after school care on M, T, Th, F. Our program is closed on Wednesdays for deep cleaning of the school Check out the website for more details. Carelot will be following all protocols to keep children and staff safe.
- New London: The schools are not allowing us to open our program as of today and will re-evaluate this decision in October.
- TFS: The Friendship School Clubhouse program will run at the school with the following conditions: The Programs will follow the hybrid schedule and will be providing before and after school care on M, T, Th, F. Our program is closed on Wednesdays for deep cleaning of the school.
- Kindergarten program-ages 4-6 yrs: EL, Killingly, and Brooklyn: Carelot is offering a full-day private Kindergarten program that will follow the State of CT Dept. of Education Curriculum.
- School Age program-DL- Children in Grades 1-5: EL, Killingly, and Brooklyn Centers: A FULL day program will be available for all distance learning students. This program will follow the child's assigned Distance Learning Program from the school district they attend. Teachers will guide the children daily on lessons assigned each day. This program runs Full Days - Monday - Friday.
* Unfortunately we are not accepting any Before and After school children physically attending the public schools. This decision was made based on keeping our center families, staff, and children safe. This allows our centers to maintain small group sizes, classroom cohorts, and focused education for each child.