OHES Paw Prints
Special Spring Edition - April 16th, 2021
Greetings OHES Families!
Our transition back to school following the much needed spring break was very smooth. We hope everyone enjoyed a restful time with family and friends.
Our five day in-person school week will begin on Monday, April 19th. Please review the information in this special edition as you prepare for the days ahead, particularly if your child will be attending OHES in-person for the very first time!
Included in this special edition are health and safety reminders along with other protocols that will help us in keeping our school community healthy and safe. Your assistance in completing the screening forms and following safety expectations is essential to that goal.
Thank you for your continued support!
Mrs. Scotti and Mr. Van Hise
April 19th: Five Day In-Person Week Begins
As a reminder if your child will be coming to school for hybrid/in-person learning please take note of the following required school supplies:
- Three masks: one to wear each day, one for the classroom (in a Ziplock bag with child's name on it), one to keep in the backpack (in a Ziplock bag with child's name on it)
- Healthy, nut-free snack
- Hand wipes and small bottle of hand sanitizer
- Labeled beach towel to be laundered and returned each day.
- Charged Chromebook (1st and 2nd grade only)
- Headphones or earbuds
Please contact your child's teacher if you have specific questions/concerns regarding materials.
Continued Health and Safety Protocols
As we bring more students back into our school on April 19th, OHES staff will continue to focus on the following mitigation strategies as emphasized by the Board of Health:
- Proper wearing of face masks
- Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
- Maintaining a safe distance
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Completely cover the nose and mouth
- Be secured with ties or ear loops or gaiter neck style
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be washed and machine dried without damage or change to shape
- NOT include vents/valves
COVID -19 Daily Screening Form
MTSD Transportation Reminders
- Please have your child at the bus stop five minutes before the scheduled pickup time in Genesis.
- Busses will depart from Orchard Hill between 1:30 and 1:35pm (AM PreK/K departs at 11:20am).
- Additional OHES staff will be supervising arrival and helping students find their classrooms if needed.
Parent Drop Off Procedures
Parent Drop-Off (PK-2, 9:20am)
The two locations where you can drop off your child are via the main parking lot by the solar panels, or the cul de sac off of Burnt Hill Road near the Kindergarten classrooms.
For health and safety reasons, we are trying to limit the amount of students walking throughout the building. Please consider using this map as a guide for which location to drop off. Yellow homerooms should drop at the cul de sac, green homerooms try to drop off at the main parking lot.
Important safety protocols
Parents should follow traffic pattern, pull up to the curb, and students should exit on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Staff will be present at both locations
No parent should park their car and walk a student to the entrance.
PK half-day/Kindergarten AM pickup, 11:20am: We will use the entrance/cul de sac off of Burnt Hill Road. Kindergarten staff will be in charge of signing out students. New in-person students will be provided with a parent pick-up sign on their first day of school, April 19th. For that day, please prepare a simple sign indicating your child’s name and homeroom teacher. Moving forward, you can use the school-provided sign. Pre-K pickup is adjacent to the cul de sac, closer to the former Kid Connection building.
PK half-day/Kindergarten PM drop-off, 11:50am: Parents can park in the main bus lane along the front of the school. From there, please walk your child up to the Kindergarten entrance where staff will receive all Kindergarten students. Please know doors will not open until 11:50am.
Parent Pick Up Procedures
Parent Pick-Up (PK-2, 1:30pm)
As in years past, all students require a dated note with parent/guardian signature. If an adult who is not listed as an emergency contact in Genesis is picking up the child then he/she must be named in the note.
Location: Main parking lot for all students
New in-person students will be provided with a parent pick-up sign on their first day of school, April 19th. For that day, please prepare a simple sign indicating your child’s name and homeroom teacher. Moving forward, you can use the school-provided sign.
If you need to make a change in your child's dismissal plan during the day, please call the main office at 609-466-7605 by 12:30pm. We will not be able to accommodate changes after this time. Do not email your child's teacher.