October 2, 2017
Shout Out To:
Mathis for helping students master grade level writing standards by utilizing graphic organizers that supported narrative writing.
Cycle 1 Review
We did a great job posting classroom expectations and procedures and educating students on the Wise Way.
Our continuing goals for the next cycle are to ensure student-friendly objectives are posted and to have anchor charts that align to the current lesson within the unit.
Clear Classroom Expectations and Procedures-11/11 classrooms
Readers and Writers Workshop Implementation including anchor charts-8/11 classrooms
Posted Objectives and Standards-2/11 Classrooms
WISE Way represented in the classroom-11/11 classrooms
Cycle 2 Information
- Scholar Skills-Excellence, Curiosity, Perseverance, and Flexibility
- Readers Workshop-Mini-lessons and Interactive Read Alouds
Cycle 2 Theory of Action
If we implement common core standards aligned reader workshop minilessons and interactive read alouds and develop student's scholar skills then students will develop grade-level proficiency and skills.
- The deadline to complete mandated reporter training for all staff is October 9th.
- All teachers should upload 3-day emergency sub lesson plans to the deliverables folder by 10/9. All lesson plans should be grade level appropriate and aligned to Common Core standards. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any support.
This week we will focus on the Scholar Skill of Perseverance. This a great time to ensure you are positively reinforcing students who demonstrate perseverance and defining academic perseverance with your students.
By Friday at Lunch, please submit two students to the office who exemplified perseverance this week.
Week at a Glance
- Morning Message 8:30 to 8:40
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Latinx Literature Read In Celebration 1 to 2:30
- ILT Meeting 3 to 4
- Minimum Day
- Hoot and Holler 1 to 1:30
- Howard Professional Learning 2 to 4
- Williams Off-Site- Professional Learning
- Farmers Market 2 to 5
- Friday Flashback Message 2:35-Students who showed Perseverance.