March 16, 2020
Coronovirus Updates and Resources
Keller ISD will be closed beginning Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 27, at the recommendation of Tarrant County Public Health officials.
Keller ISD and Sodexo will be providing drive-through meal pick-up service at five campus locations for students that need meals during this closure. Meal pick-up will be available from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. each weekday during the closure. Click here to view more information about the meal pick-up, and please note that Sodexo can only provide a meal for the number of children in each vehicle.
Keller ISD administrators and Curriculum and Instruction personnel are working diligently this week to determine how instruction may continue during this closure. As soon as more information is available, it will be shared directly with parents and staff.
Visit www.KellerISD.net/Coronavirus for the latest updates.
Assistant Principal Updates and Information
- If you have any questions or concerns during this shutdown, as always, please contact your Area Director or Dustin Blank for assistance. You may email, text, or call. Also, see below for a quick Q and A on investigations and DAEP.
- AP meetings have obviously canceled this week and will not be rescheduled at this point. We will communicate in different ways. (newsletters, zooms, education webinars, and emails) Stay tuned!
- The transfer link will be posted on March 17th for parents to begin the transfer process. It will be on the Keller ISD website from March 17th - May 3rd.
- Kinder and First-grade round-up will be held the week of April 13th - 17th...at this point.
- AP EOY Checklist - Will be posted in April
Assistant Principal - Q and A
- What do I do if I have a bullying or harassment investigation completed and I have not submitted it? Please go ahead and submit the form and inform parents (through email) of your findings.
- Do the 10 days still count if I am in the middle of discipline, bullying, or harassment investigation? No, the investigation is on hold until we return to school. You will pick up where you left off, using school days as your guide for compliance. Let us know if there needs to be an exception.
- I had a Discipline Hearing scheduled this week? What do I do? All hearings are on hold. They will be rescheduled when we return from the school closures.
- I have a student that was supposed to do intake or be released. What do I do? All intakes and releases will be put on hold.
- What do we do about DAEP assignments? Consideration of time served will be evaluated by DAEP, Area Directors, and campus personnel when we return from the break.
- Do I need to keep Threat Assessment Intervention Plans updated? You do not have to update Intervention Plans while we have school closures. Just ignore the alerts for now. Once we re-open, please get the IP's updated as soon as you can.
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105