Technology Integration Mentors
Promoting technology across Madison County Schools
Welcome to the 2014-15 School Year!
I'm still working on my school visits. I've been to several schools already and plan to visit a few more each week til I have been to all of your schools during the next couple of weeks.
Have a great week!
In This Issue (Monday, August 18, 2014):
- TIM Meeting Schedule for 2014-15
- Introducing New TIMs
- Update on TIMs who left
- TIM Report Due Dates for 2014-15
- Fact or Fable (Ice Breaker for Sept 4 meeting)
- Edmodo Codes
- Other News
TIM Meeting Schedule
Times for all meetings will be 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and will be located in Room 112 @ Career Tech Center on Jordan Road (next door to Central Office). Your substitute teacher will be paid for with funds from Title II. Go ahead and put those dates on your calendar and start lining up your subs for the year.
Welcome New TIMs!
Where Are They Now?
- Central - Shannon Ashworth (now Pitts) is the new DODea Grant representative and is working out of Central Office. Shannon took Kim Gulledge's place on the grant and will actually be attending our TIM sessions.
- Harvest - Monica Cosby is the new Resource Specialist at Harvest.
- MC Elem - Pam Berry is still the librarian at Madison County Elem.
- MCHS - Greg Martin is still the Computer teacher at MCHS.
- MXR - Kelley Philips now works for the Ft. Payne School District.
- Moores Mill - New School - Melissa Mann was the TIM at MC Elem earlier last year.
- New Hope Elem - Tanya Clement is still the Reading/Instructional Coach at New Hope Elementary.
Fact or Fable?
Examples of facts and fables:
I am the only person in my family with a college degree.
I am a lifetime member of Weight Watcher.
I am a sucker for Tim McGraw concerts.
In early childhood, I had to wear braces on my legs to help me walk.
I cook dinner virtually every night.
I hate mac and cheese.
I never wanted to be anything other than a teacher.
- Digital Citizenship - keep this at the forefront of everything you do at your school this year. Please be prepared to discuss what you are doing at your school when we meet in September.
- Connected Educators Month - http://connectededucators.org/ - Month of October (we will discuss at the September meeting, but be thinking about ideas for your school--great opportunity for Technology PD)
- EdCamp Madison - Saturday, February 7 - registration will open later this Fall.
- FaceBook Messenger article - http://www.newsday.com/business/technology/what-to-know-5-myths-5-facts-about-facebook-s-messenger-app-1.9036957
- I have added you to the TIM Board that I maintain in Pinterest. Please feel free to add pins to this board that can be shared between all the TIMs that use Pinterest. (Thanks to Michelle White for the idea).
- Make sure that you have "accepted" the invitation to the calendar events that I sent to you via email last week for the TIMs PD Days. This will place each event on your Outlook calendar and send you reminders. Also, remember to sign up for STI PD credit at either TIMS1415 or PLULEATIMS1415 (for PLU credit). I will also be setting up Remind to send reminders later this week.