Counseling Scoop January 13, 2021
Virtual Learning Edition
Four-Year Planning Workshops January 22
- Discuss the MCHS Core Course Experience and how to maximize choices post-high school.
- Provide tips on how to design a program that is meaningful to you!
- Explore what you can be doing now to prepare for life after high school.
Click here to sign-up for Four-Year Plan Workshop on January 22 at 10:00 or 2:00
Are You Thinking of Challenging Yourself With an AP Class?
- AP Chemistry, Ms. Stenger -Thursday, January 21 during Lunch
- AP Gov, Ms. Humphrey - Thursday, January 21, 2:30
- AP Art History, Mrs. Talle - Tuesday, January 26, 2:30
- AP Physics B, Mr. Earnest - Thursday, January 28, during Lunch
Click HERE to see the full schedule and SIGN-UP for sessions.
SDSU Classes on Palomar's Rancho Bernardo Campus !
Juniors, now is a great time to begin your college search!
Many colleges and universities, including UC and CSUs are NOT considering SAT and ACT in their admission decisions so that should not be your focus now.
CLASS OF 2021 INFO
How to Make Your College App Stand Out
Even in the best of times, applying to college can be stressful. Applying to college during a global pandemic, however, adds new worries for some students and families. How will colleges evaluate students when some of them are lacking test scores, grades, and extracurriculars, or have experienced significant disruptions to their lives because of the pandemic?click here for tips.
College App Checklist
Vital info, always updated, click here.
REQUIRED FOR ALL SENIORS
For seniors applying to colleges that ask for letters of rec (Common Application colleges).
- Be sure to submit YOUR portion of the application by the deadline. You don’t have to wait for your counselor or teachers’ letter of recommendation to be completed first.
- If you aren’t sure if you need a letter of rec or need help with your college applications, visit our College Application Checklist webpage here and reach out to your counselor via email!
Students Last Name:
A-F Counselor - Mrs. Kim Bronson
G-M Counselor - Mr. Husani Whitlock
N-T Counselor - Mrs. Charmaine Ferrer
U-Z, AVID & ELL Counselor - Mr. Victor Baez
Counselor - Ms. Kim Tran
Parents if you need to see your student's counselor, please make an appointment directly with the counselor via email.