The Art of Creating Personalized Learning Environments
JSGS Edition - April 20 - 24, 2015
PLEF Schedule for April 20-24, 2015
Tuesday, April 21 - JSGS
Wednesday, April 22 - Ferndale
Thursday, April 23 - JSGS
Friday, April 24- WSA
News You Can Use
4th Annual GCS Global Education Conference: Global Teaching, Global Learning
Don’t miss it!!!!! NCEES Standards will be specifically addressed while learning about practical tools and strategies to help your students see the world. Attendees earn 0.5 CEUs, applicable to the required PD for the Global Educator Digital Badge, a great opportunity offered by the state to badge your teaching license with a dedication to global education and awareness.
When and where?: April 25th, 2015-Page High School- 8:00am to 1:30pm
· Registration: GCS-CUI: Global Education Conference 2015
· Website: http://bit.ly/GCSglobalconference
The elementary, middle and high schools with the highest participation of educators receive a Certificate of Recognition of Commitment to Global Education. Last year’s winners were Brooks Global, Lincoln Middle and Dudley High School. Please email Liliana Jordanov, World Languages & Global Education Coordinator, if you have any questions.
Cool Tool - JogNog
Guess what?! We have a full, PAID subscription to JogNog (and an app in Amplify Market) where kids can join our classes and practice topics. It's a great tool for reviewing Math, ELA, Science, and Social Studies.
Here is how to get started:
1) On your computer, go to www.jognog.com
2) Click on Sign Up for Free Teachers button
3) Pick a username and password you will remember, check the over 12 button, and then sign up button
4) Right as soon as you are logged in, click on STORE at the top
5) Right where it says, “enter your school license here” copy and paste this code: 67ba1254-2aef-4927-a78c-efa2f161acbf
6) Then, students sign up the same way except they go to the website above and sign up as a Student. Then, they enter your class code to join your class. The sign up process for students is similar to Edmodo.
If you need more assistance, please let me know!