Family Connection 4/22/22
Happy Earth Day!
Our Amazing World
There are so many amazing animals and processes in nature! This month is about cherishing those with your child. Get outside, explore, create, protect and preserve!
SCHOOL SPRING INDIVIDUAL PICTURE DAY BY STRAWBRIDGE: APRIL 25
Ms. Kat's class started a read aloud all on their own today. What a joy it is to see this love of reading and connection between our kids!
Earth Book Free Fair: April 26-May 2
Every student will receive their choice of a book from a free book fair during this week. Books about the earth and its amazing animals and habitats will be available for curious readers to choose and keep forever. Thank you to our sponsors of this event: parent donations, staff donations, and PTC support.
April One Book One School: My Friend Earth
PLAYGROUND MEET UP ~ Monday, April 25th 3-4:15
We look forward to having another playground meet up on Monday. Please remind your child(ren):
- Playground expectations for safety and respect are the same as during the school day (see below).
- We will not enter the playground or field areas until 3 to allow for bus transportation pick up to take place.
- Bring a water bottle and snack as needed.
- We will all stop at 4 to clean up the spaces together. Parents are encouraged to help guide this process.
- Remember to make connections for future meet ups at parks or to get contact information for play dates and summer events.
APS Staff Appreciation Month: MAY (Yes, all of it!)
Start brainstorming ideas with your child about how to thank staff during this month. Artwork, letters, cards, and handmade gifts are always appreciated. Want to do more? Have your child do a little investigating to find out what their teacher's favorite things are. PTC will post some ideas next week to start us off.
APS School Improvement Team Meeting April 28th at 3 pm
Local Author Performance Prek-4: April 28
APS Field Day June 3: Details Coming SOON
In WNC we are so lucky to have a bounty of incredible natural spaces surrounding us. These ancestral lands of the Cherokee Indian are full of life, beauty, and magic that deserves to be experienced by everyone. This Earth Day we want to celebrate our planet and natural resources with you and your family!