A Newsletter for Central Elementary School Staff
For the Week of April 26 through May 2, 2015
- Congratulations to Anne Johnson! Anne was chosen as our school's Teacher of the Year this past week. We will honor Anne at a reception this coming Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 7:45 am in the Staff Lounge. Everyone is invited to attend. Congratulations Anne!
- Congratulations to Jack Aldridge who is our school's April Value Student of the Month!
- Thursday's fire drill went smoothly. Please remind your students that the last student out needs to shut to door. One more fire drill to go in May.
- Testing Update - We started ISTEP+ online testing this past Thursday. Overall, everything went well with only a few minor problems. Fourth graders will start testing on Monday. K-2 teachers are continuing their mCLASS benchmark assessing. From now through May 15th, make sure that your students are quiet in the halls. I also need you to keep your classroom door(s) closed. These steps help to keep our halls quiet for testing. Thank you in advance for your help!
- I will be out of the building on Thursday, April 30th and Friday, May 1st with the 5th graders at the Flat Rock YMCA Camp. Diana White will be principal designee while I am out.
- Retentions - If you plan on recommending a student for retention, please email me their names by Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
Have a terrific week!
Calendar and Room Reservations
To review/print out a copy of our calendar for the next few weeks and a list of when rooms are reserved for use, click HERE.
You can view the Central Elementary calender by going to www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn. You will need to sign in at the top of the webpage using the same username and password that you use to log in to your computer.
Things to Do
- _____Classroom supply orders are due May 1, 2015.
- _____The May Value Student of the Month is due by Friday, May 8, 2015.
- _____Primary teachers (K-2) who would like to attend this summer's Smekens Literacy Conference need to turn in their registration for to me by Friday, May 15, 2015.