Bay Harbor Sailors Log
November 16th, 2022
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Main Office - (920) 662-8800
Attendance - (920) 662-8888
~There will not be a newsletter next Wednesday~
BAY HARBOR SCHOOL APPAREL
Our store is now open and ready. There are some really cool items for sale and we are excited to see more Bay Harbor gear around the school and town. Orders will be due soon so that they can be ready before the Holiday season. CLICK HERE to view the store. The store CLOSES on Saturday, Nov. 19th.
MORNING DROP OFF REMINDERS
- Please follow the traffic flow pattern.
- Students should not be dropped off at school before 8:20am. (There is no staff supervision prior to that time)
- If dropping students off in the parking lot, please park and walk students over the cross walk
Thank you for your cooperation
Our school is in need of boxes of tissues. Any donations can be dropped off in the office.
Winter Weather Guidelines
Click HERE for directions on how to pay Student Fees.
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER
Now that the weather has gotten colder and winter is upon us, please make sure your student is wearing the appropriate outdoor attire. Students go outside for recess twice each day and we want to keep them dry and warm. Thank you
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Click HERE for instructions on how to create a Volunteer Profile and to begin the background check process.
Lost and Found
If you see anything in the pictures below that may belong to your child, please email their teacher. All items left behind will be donated at the end of each month. Thank you!
From Our Music Room
Nominations are now open for the 30th Annual Golden Apple Awards
2023 marks the 30th year of the Golden Apple Awards. This annual Greater Green Bay Chamber event recognizes educators throughout Greater Green Bay in the areas of professionalism, leadership, and innovation.
CLICK HERE to nominate a BH educator
Returning Student Registration and School Fees
- Have you completed the Returning Student Registration that must be done for each student? If not, please do so as soon as possible by visiting this link: http://hssdschools.powerschool.com/public/ . It is important that this is completed so we have your current information in case of an emergency. Please call the school office if you have any questions at 662-8800.
- Reminders will be sent shortly to families that have not completed the Returning Student Registration.
~News From the Health Room~
- Click here for Health Services Web Page
- Prescription Medication Form : Prescription Medications require signatures from a physician and parent.
- Inhaled Medication Form
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan Form
- Over-the -Counter Medication Form : Must be completed for over-the-counter medication. This includes cough drops, herbal supplements and eye drops.
~GIVING TREE LETTER~
The Giving Tree depends on our schools for food drives. Typically each month we partner with a school who hosts a food drive. In addition to Howard Elementary’s school food drive for November, Bay Port’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) wanted to further support our students and families during the Thanksgiving holiday. If you are looking for a little something extra to give in the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, FBLA would appreciate your support.
This month FBLA is collecting a variety of food items for The Giving Tree that help make long breaks without school breakfast and lunch easier for students and families in need. Please feel free to send donations with your students to put in the collections bins/carts near the main office of school. Items can also be dropped off during school hours. The Giving Tree appreciates the community support in helping FBLA ensure food is not a barrier when students are not in school.
~SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER CORNER~
Village Lanes Youth Bowling Program
Village Lanes offers Saturday morning leagues for ages 3-20 years old. Village Lanes also offers certified coaching and different scholarship opportunities. Bowling is a sport where no one sits out; everyone can play and build friendships while having a great time! Please visit the lanes for youth league sign up. More information can be found on their website.
~Once a Sailor Always a Sailor~